Livestream: Come hang out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livestream: Come hang out!

Hey, I'm bored! I don't know why you'd want to do this, but if you're interested in watching someone level using Zygor's Guide, then check out my live stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/cprog1x

I'm going to try out a Gnome Mage to see how this goes. I don't know if I'll keep up with this or not, but we'll see. Hope to see you there!

http://www.twitch.tv/cprog1x
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Done for tonight! I managed to get from 1-8 during the session; step 9 on 8-10 guide to be more specific. I believe that Livestream will save the videos in case you missed the live session. I'll try and do this again tomorrow, but I have two finals due and my first tournament match for SC2 that day. I'd stream it, but it's against the rules .

Comment

When you hit 10 try using the Arcane spec instead of the traditional Frost spec. I found that by around 14 or 15 you tend to kill the mobs so fast with Barrage and Missiles that there is no real need for a pet. Just use a frostbolt to pull to get a snare on the mob until you're high enough for the Slow and Nether Vortex talents, then it's just Blast full time to apply that snare.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        When you hit 10 try using the Arcane spec instead of the traditional Frost spec. I found that by around 14 or 15 you tend to kill the mobs so fast with Barrage and Missiles that there is no real need for a pet. Just use a frostbolt to pull to get a snare on the mob until you're high enough for the Slow and Nether Vortex talents, then it's just Blast full time to apply that snare.
        Yeah, I've been considering it. I know they tear people a new one in PvP, but I love me Frost oh so much . Not sure what I'll end up going with at 10, but I'll most definitely dual-spec regardless.

Comment

Are you using a free livestream account? If so, how much space did that 1hr video take up out of the 10gb limit?

Comment

It looks like 346607 KB. Apparently if I go over, then the system will automatically delete the older clips, which I'm okay with :P.

Comment

So that means you get roughly 30 hours worth of saved videos. Not too bad. Maybe I'll do something like this too. Do a gnome mage also just for comparisons if you decide to do a spec other than Arcane. You using any kind of heirlooms, guild xp boost, or any kind of help for your mage?

Comment

Oh yeah, where did you get the music from that you have going with the videos?

Comment

So that means you get roughly 30 hours worth of saved videos. Not too bad. Maybe I'll do something like this too. Do a gnome mage also just for comparisons if you decide to do a spec other than Arcane. You using any kind of heirlooms, guild xp boost, or any kind of help for your mage?
                  I'm trying to get invited into a level 25 guild for the bonuses right now, but I'm not using any heirlooms or any other additional help. The 1-8 section was entirely on my own, no additional bonuses yet.

Oh yeah, where did you get the music from that you have going with the videos?
                  I own a Pandora One account (http://www.pandora.com) and I just play like I normally would. If you notice me standing still in-game, or a song abruptly change, then it's me skipping/disliking the song . I also use the Livestream Procaster and use the Optimized Gaming Settings. The quality isn't the world's best, but you won't notice that you're even streaming while you play; it also doesn't take up too much space that way.

Comment

Ok, I started one too. Not bothering with any fancy music, altho if I might think about loading up one of the free internet radio stations now and then and turn down the game sound.

http://www.livestream.com/cabby

Comment

Sweet! . I'll have more free time to play in a bit, so I'll update this thread when I start streaming again.

Comment

I did another hour and got up to level 10. Have the videos setup to do auto-play so that it's still broadcasting when I'm not actually live.

Comment

Going live! See you there if you decide to show up:

http://www.livestream.com/silverhawk11

Switching from WoW to SCII. I kept dying and didn't feel the leveling right now, but I'll pick it up tomorrow. Level 10 now, and specced Frost to compare to cabby's Mage.

Comment

Ok, watched your session from tonight and I know why you die. You're too mobile. You worry too much about trying to not get hit by the mobs and that leads you to get extra mobs that you're not ready to deal with. Don't try to run or anything like that, just take a hit or two and continue killing the one you're focused on. Watch my 5-10 video and see how I was doing it with half the spells you had because I hadn't gone back to get spells in a while. The more time you spend moving the less time you're casting and the more chances a mob has to do damage to you.

Comment

Thanks for the help! I'm going to stream for a little bit longer on WoW to see how this goes taking your advice into consideration.

Comment

Working...
                              X