Possible guide conflict with addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible guide conflict with addon

I installed an addon to help me position some of the nameplate icons - like the one that pops up for the set focus. Since that time, when I go to set focus, I get an error that there was a conflict and I need to disable Zygor and reload the UI. It still doesn't seem to solve the issue, though. It doesn't appear that the macros that formerly worked (assist, misdirect) are working. I know one solution is to uninstall the addon that does the positioning but I was hoping there might be something else I could do. Or if someone had experienced this, as well.

P.S. sorry about the typo in the subject - that should be guide conflict. I can't go back and edit it.

Have you tried any other addons that would provide the same function? I take it you're trying to use something like the MoveAnything! addon.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Fixed it for you. A whole guild conflicting with Zygor guide would be too much

What addon causes the problems? I experienced problems with setting the focus with unit frame addons and it's no conflict with Zygor guide. It simply is not possible to set the focus anymore when rightclicking a modified unit frame, you have to type /focus when targetting a mob / character.
      I think I tried AG_Unitframes and Pitbull but don't use them for quite a while because of this issue.

Comment

It's not the MoveAnything! Addon. I use it daily with Zygor's and don't have any issues. Besides, moveanything doesn't have the ability to move/change the nameplates (your little name tag that floats above your toon).

Comment

I gathered from what datgrl posted that it wasn't the small floating nameplates being moved but the main player, target, target-of-target, focus, etc. that was being moved, hence it would be something similar to MoveAnything.

Comment

Yup, what Cabby said-not the floating stuff over a player's head. I use Bartender/Titan Panel for my UI. I've got Recount, DBM, Omen, Mappy and MoveAnything.

Thanks Cartman for fixing the subject. So, it sounds like it's not a problem with any of the addons or the guide - they are working like they are supposed to? Once I installed MoveAnything and moved the focus window where I wanted it (which modified the unit frame), the option to right click and set my focus isn't going to work? Just making sure I understand

Comment

I don't know how MoveAnything works. But complete replacements of the unit frames don't allow the rightclick to set a focus target. You have to leftclick the target and type /focus in the chat window.
              Maybe MoveAnything replaces the default unit frame with something that looks like the default unit frame but is a custom one.

You can disable the Zygor guide and see what happens then. If everything works without the guide addon but does not work with it there is some sort of conflict.

Apart from that aren't the default unit frames movable? At least the focus frame was always movable (you had to rightclick it and select something like unlock). I think Blizzard wanted to implement this for any unit frame.

Comment

I found the option to unlock the frame after I took MoveAnything out of my addons folder. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Ok, I tried setting my focus again today in the holiday boss run, and got the message "conflict encountered, ignore or disable" from Zygor when I tried to set my focus. MoveAnything isn't part of my set up now. I dunno... there may be some legacy setting I can't find

Comment

Are you trying to set it with a right click or using the /focus command? If you're trying with the right click try it with a /focus command to see if it's just the mouse clicks causing problems.

Comment

Sorry for the long wait to reply. I tried the /focus command tonight and I didn't get the error. However, Zygor Guides is disabled on this particular character. When I got the error at one point, the choice was disable Zygor or ignore. I chose disable. Now in my addon interface menu (the game menu) I only have Zygor Talent Guide available. Zygor Guide isn't listed on this character. Zygor is working fine on the other characters that I have. I haven't tried to test the /focus on them, yet.

Comment

Yeah, try that /focus command on one with the guide enabled still. I know personally I use the nUI and that has a keybind with it for setting focus so I just have to target something and hit my keybind to set the focus and it works fine, so if you've been trying to set focus with a mouse click maybe Blizzard has something in the code that just messes with addons.

Comment

I had been trying to use the /focus and right clicking both. Neither one seemed to be working. I had made a post that didn't get through and it had more details. But I have some good news, I guess. I had been playing on a lap top because my pc was being worked on. I got it back today and now, everything seems to be fine. No more errors. Zygor is enabled on all my characters like it is supposed to be. (I had picked the disable option when it popped up and couldn't get Zygor to load after that.) So, I'm not sure what the issue was but now, things are fine.

Thanks for sticking with this. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Hmm... I'm wondering if maybe there was some kind of corruption in the WoW cache on your laptop or some other odd reason for the problems. It obviously isn't the guides otherwise you'd still have the same problems on your desktop. Either way, glad it's all working the way you want it on your desktop.

Comment

Working...
                            X