No announcement yet.

Windows Installer not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off I want to say to Cabby and Cartman you guys/gals are terrific the amount of time you put into this add-on to answer peoples issues is terrific and admirable, Thank You both.

Ok, I developed this issue as of today 7/9/11 trying to update from 2459 to 2462. It says there's an update I click it and it looks like its updating but the update button remains there. I do not use Bit Defender but I do use Kaspersky Pure 2011. I tried turning it off and that did not solve the problem. I also tried running as admin in Win 7 64 but that did not solve it either. I have had the add-on for a year without issue. I run the updater everyday before I log on and until today it has worked flawlessly. I tried the repair option and that was unsuccessful. I also tried the re-install and that also was unsuccessful.

Comment

Im getting the sme there here only like mine is stuck in a loop and will not update.

Comment

If it's an antivirus program issue then i's not just Bitdefender, but also Norton 360. Having said that I really do doubt it's really an antivirus program problem.

Some more info to be more specific about todays update problem. My current Zygor version was 3.2.2450 when I ran the updater. The updater said that v3.2.2462 was available. After telling the updater to update to the new version, once the process was finished v3.2.2459 was shown as the current installed version with v3.2.2462 still showing as an available new version. I downloaded the v3.2.2462 zip file from the web site and installed it manually. After that the updater still showed v3.2.2459 as the installed version and offered the update to v3.2.2462.

However, after seeing this line in 'ver.lua':

ZygorGuidesViewer.revision = tonumber(string.sub("$Revision: 2459 $", 12, -3))

I figure the problem could be as simple as the latest version being incorrectly labeled internally as 2459 instead of 2462. I'm pretty sure another function is used by the other LUA files to get the version number but I didn't take the time to check that out in the other LUA files. Too dang many of them. ;-)

In any event, after installing the manually downloaded 2462 zip file, I figure I have the latest version installed in spite of what the updater says.

Comment

As you found, the problem is just that the ver.lua file didn't get the number updated. When you hit the Update button in the Zygor Updater it does in fact install the latest files, but because Zygor forgot to update the number in ver.lua the Updater will still report the old version. You can simply ignore that until the next update comes out, or if you really want you can change that number in ver.lua to 2462 and then the Updater will see that you have the correct version.

For tribewar and anyone else having the Updater sit there in a loop, performing the fix in the ver.lua file will stop it from looping.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Great thanks everyone!

Comment

Well, unfortunately my version number says 2468 in the ver.lua and my updater is still stuck in an infinite loop. And I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, which was not listed here as problematic. But still I went ahead and uninstalled it, to no avail. I'm currently without any antivirus and firewall installed, but still stuck in a loop.

ZygorGuidesViewer.revision = tonumber(string.sub("$Revision: 2468 $", 12, -3))
              My guide says "Current version 3.2.2468 Latest version 3.2.2468" and the update button is enabled.

Help?

Comment

Hmm.. mine said that too but allowed me to update and get rid of the Update button. Try hitting the Repair button.

If that doesn't work then I'd suggest turning off the Automatic portion (bottom check box) of the Updater settings so it doesn't go into a loop and then ignore the Update button until there's a new version.

Comment

Mine is stille broken like explained before. I can't figure it out and I stopped trying now. Hopefully it get fixed soon.

Comment

Do you have any firewalls preventing stuff? From your problems it seems like it's not a Zygor Updater problem but something else you have that's blocking the Updater from connecting. I believe BitDefender has a built in firewall, so maybe you only have it allowed in the anti-virus section but the firewall section is still blocking it.

Comment

i didn't find a firewall on bitdefender yet either, but got the same problem. only thing that worked was disabling the whole program completely, not even gaming mode or putting the whole directory on whitelist works. Wondering whats going on there.

Comment

Most Antivirus programs have different versions.
                        The smallest Bitdefender is "Bitdefender Antivirus Plus", this should only be the antivirus software.
                        Then there's "Bitdefender Internet Security" and "Bitdefender Total Security". Both have several other components like firewall, parental control and others.
                        Normally no one needs more than the simple antivirus program, the windows firewall is good enough, most other firewalls are even less safe.
                        Maybe it's possible to remove the firewall component. I did this when I installed Avira Antivir Suite a while ago, I had several problems because of the firewall so I ran the setup again to change the installed components and removed the firewall.

I don't know why Bitdefender causes so much trouble with the Zygor updater. Some programs simply don't like others. For example most antivirus programs suspect game trainers to be malware because they are packed executables.

Comment

I only have the AV, i don't need another firewall, windows' is far the best you can get for your money =) Maybe i'll find something later this night about that issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X