No announcement yet.

Guide causing consistent fps issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a serious FPS issue for many months now.... but its whenever I load ANY gathering guide. It doesnt matter if its herbalism, mining or whatever, and it doesnt matter where in the game I am.

It's the moving "dots" that is causing the problem. When I first load, as the dots move on the map to show me the best path, the fps slows to make the game unplayable. Sio what I do, is close the zygor window, which leaves the dots on the minimap, but they arent moving. So I can still follow the path, and not have the fps issue.

Really wish it was fixed though... its been a problem since the day I installed all the new guides.

PS> even though I have a lot of small issues Id like fixed in zygors, its still fantastic, and I recommend it to every guildmate.
    Hasc - Titans of Glory
    Runetotem - Alliance
    http://www.theoldergamers.com
    http://www.lesrobertson.com

Comment

Same stuttering issue

I get it randomly too but in the burning front it gets bad every time. I am now doing loremaster in Zangarmarsh and no issues until I hit step 9 and now it is stuttering so bad it is hard to play. I close the guide and it stops. I open it and stuttering starts. I went into an instance with it open and the stuttering was there too. I closed the window and it stopped. I have the latest version loaded and no change.

Zygor is the ONLY addon I have loaded so I know it is something in the guide causing it.

I finished step 9 and the second it went to step 10 it stopped. I backed up to 9 and the stuttering was back. Go forward to 10 and bingo, gone again.

Comment

Can you please look at post #46 back on page 5 and use the profiler to give us that bug report here.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Bug report

Zygor bug report.txt

Zangarmarsh step 9 of the loremaster.

Comment

I am having major issues with my FPS when I started using the LW guide. Have not had this issue with any leveling guide. I have uninstalled and used the repair twice.

Comment

Do you get any error messages in the chat window?
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hi,

I also am having FPS issues with the guide for MoP stuff. I have also noticed that when you are using the guide and enter a dungeon withe guild GUI still running it kills the FPS. The only way to resolve this is to log out of WoW and back in again, I wish this could be fixed as it's starting to get annoying now.

Thanks

Comment

If you're having travel-related FPS drops, we admit the problem has been pretty elusive so far, appearing all the time for some and not at all for most. It seems to be related either to calculating of long routes, or to the movement of the "ant trails" on the map.

We need your help! Please check the following:

01 - Is the problem appearing everywhere, or only in some specific origin/destination area?
                  02 - Is the problem related to whether the world map is shown? Open and close it a few times to see if the FPS drop behaves accordingly.
                  03 - Is the FPS drop consistent (your framerate is lowered all the time, seemingly regardless of the destination), or is it happening only each ~10 seconds?

- Shift-click on your world map to set a manual waypoint, right next to you (making a very short travel route).
                  04 - Did the calculation of this path cause a visible freeze, after which the FPS went back up?
                  05 - After calculating, is the framerate drop still present when that short trip is active?

If yes, note down where were the starting and ending points, and give us the generated bug report.

- Shift-click VERY far, possibly on a different continent (make a very long, complicated route).
                  06 - Did the long calculation take long/slow you down? (Perhaps resuming normal FPS afterwards)
                  07 - After calculating, is the slowdown (while showing a lot of map ants) still visible?
                  If yes, do as before: start, end, bug report.

- Go into travel options and change the ants distance between very short (making lots of ants) and completely ants-off.
                  08 - Did that make a difference, especially with a very long route displayed on the map?

Please take a little time to help us pinpoint the problem. Thank you.
                  Last edited by zgdev; December 5, 2012, 09:03 AM.
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                  X