Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"lifetime updates" - yet with expansion we will have to go with subscription? where is the "lifetime" in that? You need to tell us the fee before we get bent out of shape. However, I for one, will not be paying any fees, I paid over $100 for my guides. When an expansion comes out, I will be done and using ingame resources.

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
      "lifetime updates" - yet with expansion we will have to go with subscription? where is the "lifetime" in that? You need to tell us the fee before we get bent out of shape.
      You will continue to get free updates to whatever you already purchased. An expansion is new content and has always required an upgrade fee to get the new guide content. This has been our policy for the past 5 years. The difference now is that you do not have to pay 30 dollars per guide upgrade, you just pay a small monthly fee and get updates to all 10 guides of your guides, including the 6 new ones we will be announcing all this week.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
        Let's wait until Thursday to find out, please. There's a reason I don't post on forums much. A lot of what's said is negative toward the game and the guide. It's OK for people to have an opinion on things, but go too far and I tune out to the point that I might report posts. Have faith that the system will be both fair and equitable.
        Not being "negative", just think 198 posts is a lot for someone who doesn't use forums much. Just a observation.

Comment

I'm willing to pay full price for the guides, but I'm not going to pay a subscription fee.

I'm already subscribed to WoW, I'll be subbing to TOR and I have a monthly payment with my phone company and internet company. As much as I respect Zygor and love his guides, a monthly fee will be too much.

Comment

If you do in fact go to a subscription model I will be sure to no longer recommend these guides to my friends and I will definitely not be taking part in it. I already have 3 WoW accounts and have ZERO desire to pay monthly for a guide that was sold as having lifetime updates. That's borderline false advertisement as it pertains to expansions and pretty shady there Zygor.

I really do praise and love what you've done with this but switching to a subscription model is seriously going to hurt your business, guaranteed. I highly encourage you to rethink it.

Comment

I would be willing to pay $5 a month for all the guides both Horde and Alliance but nothing beyond that. I love the guides you guys offer but I just can't see paying as much as I am pretty sure you guys will be charging. I will be sad to go elsewhere, but it is just a game and I will continue to enjoy the guides I bought at least through cataclysm.

I think the subscription model will be very profitable for your business, but not if you price yourself too high...

Comment

Couldn't agree more!

Originally posted by ohlmsjm View Post
                If you do in fact go to a subscription model I will be sure to no longer recommend these guides to my friends and I will definitely not be taking part in it. I already have 3 WoW accounts and have ZERO desire to pay monthly for a guide that was sold as having lifetime updates. That's borderline false advertisement as it pertains to expansions and pretty shady there Zygor.

I really do praise and love what you've done with this but switching to a subscription model is seriously going to hurt your business, guaranteed. I highly encourage you to rethink it.

Comment

I don't see it working for you at all... many kids can get their parents to do a one time purchase, as in a birthday or xmas gift, but doubtful many will get them to add another monthly fee to their bank accounts. I do love your guides and am sorry to see this happening... good luck.

Comment

I feel personally that i won't be subscribing as having to pay another item monthly would be too much, i like having had the ability to make a one off payment and having my guide for the rest of my stay at WoW
                    Sunstrider - EU - PVP

==Bellemeré - 85 Shadow/Disc Troll Priest==
                    ==Bankaiakyra - 80 Ele/Resto Orc shaman==
                    ==Sásha - 74 Blood/Unholy Belf Death Knight==
                    ==Termoonated - 85 Resto/Feral (tank druid)==
                    ==Cápslock- 62 Demo/Afflic Belf Lock==
                    ==Blessu - 85 Prot/Ret Belf Paladin==
                    ==Mallchir - 70 Prot/arms Belf Warr==
                    ==Grimro - 45 Sub/Ass Belf Rogue==
                    ==Menchi - 30 MM/BM Goblin Hunter==
                    ==Kuzanaokiji- 85 Arcane/Frost Belf Mage==

Insanity is only the beginning of life.

Comment

I'm not posting here to complain or flame or whatever you want to call it. I get the benefit to new people and how this will work out. My concern is like with wow they focus on new people and tend to ultimately not help the people who have put so much time and energy into it and been with it since the beginning or close to it.

I get this service has good benefits but if you are lowering the price of what most of us have already paid more for then telling us for new stuff we can get it cheaper if we subscribe it is sort of an insult. I believe I paid $60 for most of the guides I bought so that's great and they have been good all together that well over $100 seeing I have I believe every guide. Then "Bob" comes in and pays $30 and I'm supposed to feel appreciated because I to can buy the next guide for a "low price per month" which really then because it includes the guides I already have then it's really not that cheap because I'm paying x per month for 1 new guide.

Although its great for bob because he got everything for so cheap those who have already paid for everything are paying more for less. Maybe you could consider a Loyalty price where those who have paid for all the guides that are there already get the monthly price cheaper than "Bob"? Maybe even have a loyalty or tenured group where we get the option to pay 1 lump sum for the guides as we have or a cheaper monthly. Otherwise we really are getting the bad end of the deal.

Although it's great for you... you get to charge us twice for guides we already paid for and tell us what a great deal we are getting. That in itself doesn't sound like the Zygor I've talked to and been doing business with so just please think of what I said.
                      --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Sorry but a monthly fee just isn't going to take place. Even if it's $5 a month 12 months that's $60 easy math right. Let's say you end your subscription guess what you don't have the guides any more right... well maybe you can keep what you have but no updates. Purchasing updates seems to me a LOT cheaper than this subscription thing. This is just probably a way to get more money which I understand we'd all like to get more money but sorry I'm one looking not to shell out more than I need or would want. We'll see what comes out in time. sorry Zygor this is probably the worst announcement with to little information. Looks like more negative views than anything. yes great product but not so hot with announcements this time.

Comment

Originally posted by sobeit81 View Post
                          I'm paying x per month for 1 new guide.
                          If you sign up you will actually get 6 new guides instantly, not just 1, for a fraction of the price of a single guide right now, not to mention never having to pay for expansion upgrades or any future products we create.
                          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Unfortunately I agree with the previous posters. I may very well switch over to the monthly fee at the next expansion, but it will be for one month (long enough to level my main). I'm sorry Zygor, but I just don't see the benefit of the guides once I've leveled. Really, I would like someone to explain it to me! Dailies - once you've done them, you pretty much have the steps down. Pets & Mounts - well, I'm not a hunter, and I'm happy with my mount. Achievements & Titles - their descriptions tell you what needs to be done. Professions - There are already websites that give you an order that saves a little time, but they're basically 'spend a bunch of gold' and grind 'em out. Same with rep - get the tabard (if there is one) then grind quests and do some dungeons. Events - Wowhead usually has event info up right away.

Please don't get me wrong - I *LOVE* the leveling guides and have told people about your product at every opportunity. I really just don't see how this pricing model can benefit you when people will sign up, level their toon and cancel. I really would have liked to have seen you offer discounts to guild members (mine has several hundred main toons) - maybe through enjin and the other guild website hosts, or have come out with a set of dungeon guides (Tank, DPS, Heal) that offered strategy as well as step-by-step instructions. Or produced the infamous, much talked about, not even making an appearance now, gold guide (which I don't personally need - but a lot of players seem to).

In any event, I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                              If you sign up you will actually get 6 new guides instantly, not just 1, for a fraction of the price of a single guide right now, not to mention never having to pay for expansion upgrades or any future products we create.
                              Ok but I'm just trying to point out I get 6 guides bob gets what 10 or 12? Just consider what I said from the view of people who are the reason these guides are where they are because we paid and supported and promoted them. I'm not trying to say its a horrible idea but please make sure on paper your looking at both aspects not just new people. Wow does that all the time and basically gives away what others worked hard for and it screws the loyal people and rewards the new people but on paper it never looks that way.
                              --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Originally posted by sobeit81 View Post
                                Ok but I'm just trying to point out I get 6 guides bob gets what 10 or 12? Just consider what I said from the view of people who are the reason these guides are where they are because we paid and supported and promoted them. I'm not trying to say its a horrible idea but please make sure on paper your looking at both aspects not just new people. Wow does that all the time and basically gives away what others worked hard for and it screws the loyal people and rewards the new people but on paper it never looks that way.
                                I agree completely....

Comment

Working...
                                X