This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4d3fd0dc View Post
    And Netflix did not take away services, just raised price.
    Netflix used to include both DVD by mail and instant streaming all for one price. They took away the DVD by mail and split it off into its own separate service, requiring you to pay double for what used to be included.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I think the monthly subscription fee is an excellent idea. I mean cmon...You all know its not going to cost as much as the game itself which is $14.99 right?..Even if it was half that it would be around $7.99 for the guides which IMO would be a fair price and If i know Zygor, he treats his customers like gold and I'M guessing that he will have them at $4.99 per month. Thats awesome!! cmon thats a pack of cigarettes for godsake!! lol And lets do some number crunching...if hes got over 50,000 customers paying $4.99 a month, that would be around $250,000 a month, which would be $3,000,000 a year for his comany....Sounds like a pretty good business decision to me. And have faith I'M sure hes gonna take care of the people that are allready long time members like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 4d3fd0dc View Post
        Ok for sake of argument, what happens if I do not want or need the other guides? Say I just want leveling guide. Is it fair that I have to pay a subscription for guides I do not use or want?
        Ok I'll concede to your Netlix arguement. But what about paying for guides I do not want or need?

Comment

I was holding out on getting the final upgrade that I needed to have all of the current guides until I found out what this was all about. My members page still lists a $15 upgrade for either the Horde or Alliance Dailies and Events Guide, $30 for both I guess. The last time I was here I could upgrade both for $23 but that seems to be gone now on my member page. Zygor, on October 4th, after you move to the new plan and the monthly price, will I no longer be able to get this $23 upgrade so that I will have all of the current guides that are available now, at this moment? The reason I ask is that it's doubtful that I will be able to go with the subscription plan that you are planning because of my status of being on a fixed income (Social Security Disability), especially since those of us in this situation have not even gotten a cost of living increase for the past 2 years and I don't know whether we will be getting one this year either. I can barely make ends meet some moths as it is now so, perhaps, as much as I enjoy the game, maybe it's time for me to think about leaving not only Zygor Guides but the game as well.

In any case, whatever I decide, I wish you luck in your new endeavor. It's been fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
            Netflix used to include both DVD by mail and instant streaming all for one price. They took away the DVD by mail and split it off into its own separate service, requiring you to pay double for what used to be included.
            Technically, they didn't take DVD by mail away... they simply split the services... and mine was about 60% more ($16.94 vs $10.59). However, that was more than I was willing to pay, so I dropped the service. Back to Zygor... I have been a huge fan and have recommended you to everyone. I understand I can continue to update my guides until expansion... I understand that after that I have to subscribe or say goodbye. But hopefully before that time comes, you guys will come up with a plan to retain your pre-subscription members. Goodnite

Comment

Netflix inflated their prices and took away services from their customers that they previously had. We're doing just the opposite by lowering our prices dramatically and giving customers our entire suite of products and all future products and upgrade content.
              What you are doing has nothing to do with what netflix did. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Your claim of lower prices make no sense Because those prices will be under a new pricing structure. Its like saying that the price of WOW is the listed price in the store. We all know that is a lie.

Comment

And as was obvious since it was originally speculated, Zygor is going monthly subscription.

I will not be moving over to this subscription model. When it comes time that the guides I have purchased are no longer updated, I'll jump over to another certain well-known guides provider that offers flat purchases.

It's been a good run with you guys.

Comment

Really bad decision in my opinion across the boards bad! if you notice not One person sayin anything good of this .. not really! wow as long as i been a member with you guys happily payin the 30 bucks to upgrade, i will drop if this comes to lite! if you charge 5 in a year it would cost us 60 twice what the upgrade rate has been... if you charge 3 then 36 dollars but wait i still have to keep payin for guides. I do not see hw this is cheaper... say a dollar a month 12 bucks a year
                  ... yea i may do a dollar but if your going to be that ridicous about it then ill drop!.... by the way the rest of my guild on my main account and the two guilds on my alts all agree if this happens BOOM over 300 Zygor Members will not be anymore!!! I mean really think on this... and dont bring Netflix into the convo it has no place here! Completely different. this is an addon service. An addon to a game that were a;ll already payin monthly for. Its like the fries to my burger... Netflix is a burger not a side of fries! So really you saw the money amount but have not realize you need customers to pay this or you will have nothing. Not sayin everyone will drop... but your going to lose alot of customers!... and whats up with my start date on my name lol i been a member since 2009.... neways

Comment

I am all for supporting the hard work you all put into the guides, but this change concerns me. I've been through the "single fee to monthly subscription plan" change with a company with another game I played. Sadly within 8 months I watched a fantastic program, with a great forum community crash and burn. I hope this is not a repeat as I really love the Zygor guides.

I do have a couple questions....

1. If there is a monthly charge, I can only assume there is going to need to be some kind of measures in place to check if the monthly subscription is current. Otherwise you will just have people subscribe for 1 month, then drop the subscription until the guides need an update. How will this be carried out? Will I as a subscriber be required to run some type of verification that is going to log into a server to check it every time I log onto WoW?

And I know my next question is related to the fee structure but I like to plan ahead.

2. Will there be an auto renew method and/or some kind of discount plan for multi month subscribers.

Comment

My personal opinion:
                      The problem with one fee for all guides is that it may become more expensive than guide upgrades for those who don't need most of the guides.
                      I have most fun just leveling and questing so I'm happy with the leveling and dailies guides.
                      The Cataclysm upgrades for all four guides were about 55$ for two years. So a monthly fee of more than 2.5$ would be more than I'm currently spending on the guides unless Blizzard releases addons faster or I take more timeouts from the game.

I really appreciate the guides and the hard work the team put into them but I'm not a big fan of subscriptions in general.

Comment

the Price for the expansions is IN THE MONTHLY FEE! so how can you say we never have to pay for upkeep/expansion... This is too bad cause i was really looking forward to this update. and now i will prob just quit. Kinda looking for a reason to anyways..

If you sign up you will actually get 6 new guides instantly, not just 1, for a fraction of the price of a single guide right now, not to mention never having to pay for expansion upgrades or any future products we create.

Comment

I am afraid to say that "Lifetime" does not mean the purchases "Lifetime", the answer is (big surprise) it depends. The duration of "Lifetime" depends solely upon the person or company who is implying the "lifetime". It absolutely does not matter what the consumer thinks this "Lifetime" means. All that matters is what was implied at the time of sale by the manufacturer, retailer, distributor, or service professional.

If there is no written length of time, i.e. number of years or whatever, it can mean anything and Zygor have the full rights to do what they want with their product(s) and their "Lifetime".

Secretone

Comment

Getting the message?

Everyone who has posted here LOVES your guides. This is your loyal customer-base. Don't screw us over...

GET THE MESSAGE: "Do NOT go to a subscription model!"

Your going to lose your current customer-base. Your going to go out of business.

Comment

Sorry secretone but "Lifetime", in this case, is however long I choose to play WOW and use the guides that I have purchased. So, your explanation is a load of crap.

Comment

Disgruntled

I feel completely screwed by Zygor on this change, Completely abandoning a payment model which has worked for several years for a sub fee just so you can make more money is kinda messed up with the following you currently have. I have paid for almost every single guide you have ever released and loved every single second of it, but with this change i would almost rather save my money and go through the hassle of ripping off your updates from torrent sites. I'm not boycotting your product or any of that nonsense but for your reputations sake, your profits sake i hope you deeply consider maintaining the 2 payment systems because i understand some people out there will like it over the other some just like seeing something like 3$ a month over one time fee of 70$. I would like the communities opinion on keeping both of the payment options please. Please Zygor read this post.

EDIT: IMO I'd rather pay a 5% "Premium" (or something) on top of a guide fee then a monthly fee.

EDIT 2: I understand that we will continue to receive updates if we have previously purchased the guides.
                                Last edited by travis2861; September 27, 2011, 01:51 AM. Reason: Additions

Comment

Working...
                                X