• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo Mr Zygor

Has the announcement happened????

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
      While $15 each month may seem unreasonable with some, you also have to think about the company too. Let's say a minimum of 1,000 people pay the subscription fee each month, and we'll assume that the subscription fee is indeed $15 a month. You're obtaining $15,000 each month to support every guide you release. $15,000 seems like a lot each month to us, but to a company, that won't support all of the finances they will have when you take employees into consideration.
      then figure in the not having any customers factor of to high a price. i need help with the math

0 customers x around $15/month = ?

Comment

Hope we can work somthig out

Originally posted by funkmaster88 View Post
        $14.99 is subscription fee.
        Yes, I am aware of the affiliates page. However, there are a lot of people disagreeing with the current prices, so there is a possibility that the price could be reduced. Until a staff members provides an official response with the price, then I ask that members refrain from providing unverified information to avoid confusion.
        14.99 * 12 =179.88 WOW

Personaly, I have used these guides for more than 3 year, and loved them most of the time. Though there has been times where they have not been updated for 3 months. Honestly I can not justify spending $180 a year on this, and I am qute dissaponted. It seams to be big business moving in, and trying to suck evey penny out of us. Most likly I will stop using the guide or find a hack version. Sorry to say this but your killing your old costomer base. Hope we can work somthing out.
        Last edited by leaky; September 27, 2011, 05:41 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
          The new guides require an active subscription to continue using them.
          So does this mean I am going to have to log onto a server every time I log onto wow to verify my subscription is current and allow Zygor the right to be able to access and block the files in my WoW add-on folder in order to stop them?

Comment

Originally posted by master View Post
            then figure in the not having any customers factor of to high a price. i need help with the math

0 customers x around $15/month = ?
            Do you honestly think he'll lose every customer when subscriptions are introduced? Absolutely not. In fact, it's already been stated by existing customers that this new pricing model is much more friendly to potential clients. Hopefully Zygor can come up with a good way to please existing customers, as if you have to pay for the leveling & dailies guide while already owning a lifetime version of it, well that seems a bit redundant.

Originally posted by leaky View Post
            14.99 * 12 =179.88 WOW

Personaly, I have used these guides for more than 3 year, and loved them most of the time. Though there has been times where they have not been updated for 3 months. Honestly I can not justify spending $180 a year on this, and I am qute dissaponted. It seams to be big business moving in, and trying to suck evey penny out of us. Most likly I will stop using the guide. Sorry to say this but your killing you old costomer base. Hope we can work somthing out.
            As mentioned previously, $14.99 hasn't been confirmed by the company themselves. Please take what customers say with a grain of salt until it's been confirmed. I can justify spending $180/yr when I'm getting 9 guides in the very beginning, not to mention if they make dungeon guides, RAF guides, or some guide on becoming a millionaire in real life. I've spent (and please, I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is correct) around $200 for both the dailies and leveling guides including upgrades. When I can save $20 and get 7 more guides, that seems like a pretty good deal to me.
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Do you honestly think he'll lose every customer when subscriptions are introduced? Absolutely not. In fact, it's already been stated by existing customers that this new pricing model is much more friendly to potential clients. Hopefully Zygor can come up with a good way to please existing customers, as if you have to pay for the leveling & dailies guide while already owning a lifetime version of it, well that seems a bit redundant.

As mentioned previously, $14.99 hasn't been confirmed by the company themselves. Please take what customers say with a grain of salt until it's been confirmed. I can justify spending $180/yr when I'm getting 9 guides in the very beginning, not to mention if they make dungeon guides, RAF guides, or some guide on becoming a millionaire in real life. I've spent (and please, I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is correct) around $200 for both the dailies and leveling guides including upgrades. When I can save $20 and get 7 more guides, that seems like a pretty good deal to me.
              It seems only the moderators and admins are for this. Interesting.

Comment

Forum moderators are paying customers too my friend . There's some things I'd like answered, but I'm not too worried about it as I don't know all of the information about the subscriptions quite yet.
                It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

We've always wanted to add in new content and revolutionary features that really change the way you play the game on a monthly basis but simply do not have the means to do so under the current business model. The subscription model will allow us to pump out a continual stream of exciting new guide content and features instead of takes 6 months to a year for each major update.
                  Ah! So, we just haven't paid you enough yet? We'll get 'exciting new guide content' if we just give you more money? Will that come with a side of the long lost, promised gold-guide? (again, not that I need it, but I have little faith in 'exciting new guide content' when you haven't been able to keep your word on a simple gold-guide).

To recap a subscription will include the following:
                  * The new pricing model will allow us at Zygor Guides to pump out a much faster and impressive stream of updates, new features for the guides, and new guide content on a monthly basis as opposed to the years it takes now.
                  * You will gain access to our entire suite of 10 guides for both Alliance and Horde.
                  * You will get all expansion content and never have to pay upgrade fees per guide.
                  * You will get every new product we ever create including possible guides for new games.
                  What you are NOT ACKNOWLEDGING is that WE DON'T WANT THE OTHER GUIDES! How many people have to post that this information is EASILY found elsewhere on the web? Yes, I'm shouting because you keep ignoring people that say it.

And while we won't have to pay a fee for expansion updates, we'll have paid you many times over thru the monthly fee.

So, you have an outflow > inflow problem and thought we were just whining in the first thread. Perhaps instead of angering the vast majority of your customer base you could do what other companies do. DOWNSIZE. Stop spending as much. Roll back wages (or even lay people off). Put a little more into marketing. Bottom line is this is your business and you need to look internally to see why it's not performing as you would like. If the business model is no longer profitable then you need to face reality and close up shop. Honestly, with what I've seen so far, I believe this will just be one of the first nails in the Zygor Guides coffin. Sad, as it was a good idea and a great product.

Comment

Forum moderators are paying customers too my friend . There's some things I'd like answered, but I'm not too worried about it as I don't know all of the information about the subscriptions quite yet.
                    Oh no no I wasn't implying that :P I know you guys pay and what not.. just still it seems you (the moderators) and the admins are the only people pushing this :P

Comment

the customers you speak of that love the new pricing model i assure you do not love the around $15 price. i would get behind the new pricing model for around $8

Comment

Screwed

Zygor you are so screwed! The other WOW guide suppliers must be laughing there socks off at this fiasco. Maybe one of them will give you a job after you go bust.
                        Do the math zero subscribers at 15$ a month = zero $
                        Oh I just saw "D" doing his happy dance! lol

Comment

Do you honestly think he'll lose every customer when subscriptions are introduced? Absolutely not. [/COLOR]
                          I doubt he'll lose all the old customers, in fact I think that it will be a small percentage in the long run who leave. What I think some of us are upset about is the fact that we are basically being told with this subscription model that we, the old customers, aren't wanted or needed anymore. Zygor guides is more interested in new people who will pay a monthly fee, you've already gotten your money from us and now its time for the company to move on. And I'm sure that you will get plenty of new customers, more than enough to make up for the ones that you'll lose.

Comment

I can justify spending $180/yr when I'm getting 9 guides in the very beginning, not to mention if they make dungeon guides, RAF guides, or some guide on becoming a millionaire in real life. I've spent (and please, I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is correct) around $200 for both the dailies and leveling guides including upgrades. When I can save $20 and get 7 more guides, that seems like a pretty good deal to me. [/COLOR]
                            If Zygor makes an millionaire-in-RL-guide, 15$ per month wouldn't be a problem to us
                            But did you buy these guides in the last year? Otherwise you have your 200$ vs. 360$ or even more.

Comment

Originally posted by bjones9942 View Post
                              Will that come with a side of the long lost, promised gold-guide? (again, not that I need it, but I have little faith in 'exciting new guide content' when you haven't been able to keep your word on a simple gold-guide).
                              Due to the changes made with Cataclysm the Gold guide we had planned was put on hold because we didn't think it was up to the standard of quality we strive for in all of our products. However, its spiritual successor is our upcoming Professions guide, which uses the games best method of making gold.

What you are NOT ACKNOWLEDGING is that WE DON'T WANT THE OTHER GUIDES! How many people have to post that this information is EASILY found elsewhere on the web? Yes, I'm shouting because you keep ignoring people that say it.
                              I'm sorry you feel that way but our own research indicates that customers want these new guides very much.
                              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Just an FYI - messages are being edited for reasons OTHER than profanity. I did not mention another competitor by name and yet zap goes part of my message. Nice Zygor.

Comment

Working...
                                X