This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way but our own research indicates that customers want these new guides very much.
    Yes, I do feel that way - as it appears many other people here do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
      Do you honestly think he'll lose every customer when subscriptions are introduced? Absolutely not. In fact, it's already been stated by existing customers that this new pricing model is much more friendly to potential clients. Hopefully Zygor can come up with a good way to please existing customers, as if you have to pay for the leveling & dailies guide while already owning a lifetime version of it, well that seems a bit redundant.

As mentioned previously, $14.99 hasn't been confirmed by the company themselves. Please take what customers say with a grain of salt until it's been confirmed. I can justify spending $180/yr when I'm getting 9 guides in the very beginning, not to mention if they make dungeon guides, RAF guides, or some guide on becoming a millionaire in real life. I've spent (and please, I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is correct) around $200 for both the dailies and leveling guides including upgrades. When I can save $20 and get 7 more guides, that seems like a pretty good deal to me.
      The problem with that is the recurring monthly fee? I own all of Zygor's guides and I don't even play Alliance but he priced both guides at a reasonable price so it was an easy decision. I spent my 180 bucks or whatever it was and have gotten my monies worth but now a monthly fee is unattractive to the existing customer. Let's say I spent 180 dollars over a 2 year period for the guides now compare that to paying 359.00 (14.99 X 24) for the next 2 years is not attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by bjones9942 View Post
        Just an FYI - messages are being edited for reasons OTHER than profanity. I did not mention another competitor by name and yet zap goes part of my message. Nice Zygor.
        I wouldn't worry about it. Really... everyone knows what you talking about xD

Comment

Originally posted by brightumbrae View Post
          I doubt he'll lose all the old customers, in fact I think that it will be a small percentage in the long run who leave. What I think some of us are upset about is the fact that we are basically being told with this subscription model that we, the old customers, aren't wanted or needed anymore. Zygor guides is more interested in new people who will pay a monthly fee, you've already gotten your money from us and now its time for the company to move on. And I'm sure that you will get plenty of new customers, more than enough to make up for the ones that you'll lose.
          That really isn't the case. We genuinely feel previous customers will see the benefits of this change once all has been revealed. It's certainly not just for new customers. The new subscription model offers plenty for old customers as well, including 6 new guides, all expansion content, and any new products we create.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by maningrey View Post
            Oh no no I wasn't implying that :P I know you guys pay and what not.. just still it seems you (the moderators) and the admins are the only people pushing this :P
            Haha, I'm just giving my personal outlook on it. I prefer using a subscription base because I'm like a new-born baby. I pick up a new toy (WoW, in this case), play with it for a few months, and then go to Toys R' Us and get the next cool Power Ranger. I'd rather pay a small fee each month so I don't have to commit to anything too large.

Originally posted by master View Post
            the customers you speak of that love the new pricing model i assure you do not love the around $15 price. i would get behind the new pricing model for around $8
            Please do not put words in my replies! I'm not saying they adore these new changes and are going to start flowing in. I'm saying it's much easier for newcomers to spend $15 to get a suite of guides for just a month to try them out, and then drop it if they don't like it. They didn't spend the $100 to get the leveling and dailies guides. Prior to the subscription service, they had to beg their husband/wife/mom/dad/wallet for $50-$60 to get this really cool leveling guide for a video game. I don't know about you, but if you have to convince someone other than yourself to get a video game guide, it's quite hard when the price is $50-$60 instead of $15 :P.
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
              If Zygor makes an millionaire-in-RL-guide, 15$ per month wouldn't be a problem to us
              But did you buy these guides in the last year? Otherwise you have your 200$ vs. 360$ or even more.
              that guide is a short one. it would explain how to build a ponzi scheme like the one they are building. http://www.zygorguides.com/affiliates/

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                That's how subscriptions for everything works. If you get cable from your local provider at say, 100 a month. Then they run a special 4 months later where new customers can get the exact same thing for 50 a month for the first 6 months, are you gonna go complain to them about it and cancel your service? I doubt it.
                Good point. That's exactly how Comcast works.

BUT... You didn't mention that all a current customer has to do to is call customer service and complain about it, and you also get that promotion price. I know you can because I've done so multiple times, with multiple companies not just with Comcast. What Comcast relies on, like other companies with similar promotions, is that almost all of their current customers won't bother to call and complain about it. It's called customer apathy.

Comment

The truth is out there

Just an FYI - messages are being edited for reasons OTHER than profanity. I did not mention another competitor by name and yet zap goes part of my message. Nice Zygor.
                  Spot on I read your post no profanity only truth. Moreover, like all dictators, they erase the truth when it gets to unpleasant for them. It is only a matter of time before they close this thread and delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by alz2011 View Post

Spot on I read your post no profanity only truth. Moreover, like all dictators, they erase the truth when it gets to unpleasant for them. It is only a matter of time before they close this thread and delete it.
                    thats because they don't really care what we have to say. they already know what the monthly rate will be. you can't tell me that this much plaining and programming has been done and they are not sure what to charge.

Comment

It's been happening here for ages. My personal opinion about the removal of competitor names is that they're afraid of losing business. Either way, meh, don't care that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                        I'm sorry you feel that way but our own research indicates that customers want these new guides very much.
                        Yes, and I would buy these guides, the day they are presented. I was looking forward making archivements with my new main with this guide. I know you make good workd and therefore I would like to suport you by buying even guides not very important to me. (Of course, if you really think each oof them is worth 40$ i would have thought about ist )

I would maybe even think about an subscription-system, if the price and circumstances are fair, because I understand, that calculation is easier.

1. Pricing: Max. 5$. I've a lifetime-update, I don't have to pay for this like new costumers - except for addons maybe. But even then is 5$ a maximum.

2. Keep it: I want to buy a guide, not rend it. It would be okay to me, if you have to have been a subscriber for at least 6 or 12 months to keep the guides officially running. (Besides it was mentioned, it will be difficult to secure this for Zygor Guides in the first place.) They maybe outdated, if I can't afford updating them, but I don't want to feel loosing money.

3. Attractiv: If the subscription is more than getting a few bugfixes or corrections of your guide (without changes within the game), it will become attractive and intresting. Paying for corrections or just when changes in WoW occur is not enouth for a monthly fee.

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
                          If Zygor makes an millionaire-in-RL-guide, 15$ per month wouldn't be a problem to us
                          But did you buy these guides in the last year? Otherwise you have your 200$ vs. 360$ or even more.

I purchased mine on April 17th, 2009 . I honestly can't remember the prices when I purchased. I remember having to beg my wife for it, and now she knows I use them frequently, so I tell her when an update comes out and we just get the upgrade!

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                          The problem with that is the recurring monthly fee? I own all of Zygor's guides and I don't even play Alliance but he priced both guides at a reasonable price so it was an easy decision. I spent my 180 bucks or whatever it was and have gotten my monies worth but now a monthly fee is unattractive to the existing customer. Let's say I spent 180 dollars over a 2 year period for the guides now compare that to paying 359.00 (14.99 X 24) for the next 2 years is not attractive.
                          I agree with you if the revealed prices don't match purchasing a lifetime, so let's do some math. If you averaged the price of the guides at $30/faction (which it'd most likely be higher), then you're paying $270/faction or $540 for both for every guide. Then when a new expansion comes out, you're looking at another $15/faction or $30 for both, which you've now spent $405/faction and $810 for both. There's also the possibility of the company adding MORE guides, and then more expansions coming out. We have the same price each month regardless of an expansion upgrade, while lifetime members have to pay to upgrade their guides. Correct me if my math is wrong, though, haha :P.

Originally posted by master View Post
                          that guide is a short one. it would explain how to build a ponzi scheme like the one they are building. http://www.zygorguides.com/affiliates/
                          It was a joke...

EDIT: Woohoo! I just got 1,000 posts. That's what I've been aiming for all day .
                          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                            [COLOR=#222222]I'm saying it's much easier for newcomers to spend $15 to get a suite of guides for just a month to try them out, and then drop it if they don't like it. They didn't spend the $100 to get the leveling and dailies guides. Prior to the subscription service, they had to beg their husband/wife/mom/dad/wallet for $50-$60 to get this really cool leveling guide for a video game.
                            Argument accepted. So make two options: Buy or rent. Set a minimun rent time above the sales price or - if actually possible - stop the usage. But some people don't want to depend on a company or bind themselvs to a subscription.

Edit: Argument accepted sounds wrong. I understood what you mean and could follow it. I think I'm not in a position to "accept" Arguments or not
                            Last edited by patje; September 27, 2011, 06:31 PM. Reason: Argument "accepted"

Comment

Poll as it currently stands.

Yes - 2 - 4.35%

No - 41 - 89.13%

I really dont care - 3 - 6.52%

Comment

Research this

Originally posted by Zygor Support
                                I'm sorry you feel that way but [URL="http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?10214-Which-Zygor-Guide-Would-You-Most-Like-To-See-Next"
                                our own research[/URL] indicates that customers want these new guides very much.
                                Oh really I do not see much evidence of it here. Did your research say “hey screw your old customer base over you have had their money anyway”.

Comment

Working...
                                X