This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dougamer View Post
    Until the option to buy the guides outright is available, I won't be going near any zygor products.

I already have 4 85s, so I don't even use the level guide anymore (I used it for 3 out of the 4 toons).

I feel sorry for anyone who has to subscribe.

P.S: I won't be coming back to this thread, so please do feel free to post hate in my direction.
    You won't be receiving hate.
    We're not you, we can't force you to buy anything, it's entirely up to you and you alone.

If you don't feel it's worth the money, why buy it?
    That's like me telling you to buy a Pokemon game if you're only a FPS player. It doesn't appeal to you, simple as that.

We as a community I'm sure wish you the best in whatever you choose to do.
    Since you won't be back, best of luck in life and the future!

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
      Are you sure you are just a forum moderator and not a member of the marketing department? You did it quite well
      Haha, I'm way too inactive to be a part of marketing :P. But thanks! <3
      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

well that makes me feel a little better, hearing that about still being able to do the one fee upgrades for the guides i already have. I really don't like monthly subscriptions coming off my card(i buy timecards for my WoW account) as I'm horrid about forgetting about them coming out.

I think you should offer some sort of either or thing, cuz I would frankly, prefer to just pay for them and not worry about it, then pay for each upgrade, rather than have to be subscribed to get them

Comment

Well errr that seems kind of uncool. I have been a customer for this guides for nearly a year now and NOW I have to pay extra every month. That is kind of disappointing. I wont lie

Comment

I own all the current guides

So if I become a subscriber then don't have the money one month my guides that I get when I subscribe "disappear'? ?

Comment

Subscriptions for previous customers

I personally like the idea of the direction of zygor as it relates to subscriptions. But I that expecting previous customers to pay full subscription price from the get go is a bit unreasonable. If I am understanding the new system correctly everyone is going to pay basically the same subscription price for everything? So those of us who have previously paid full price now have to pay an additional subscription fee? Doesn't seem very fair. Perhaps if you set up no subscription price for a period of time for usnprevious customers? You could base the free time on howbmanynfull price guides the customer has already purchased? Just a thought.

Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mazzic518 View Post
                So if I become a subscriber then don't have the money one month my guides that I get when I subscribe "disappear'? ?
                Yes, it is just like if you stop paying your World of Warcraft subscription you're locked out of playing the game.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                  Yes, it is just like if you stop paying your World of Warcraft subscription you're locked out of playing the game.
                  So are we getting the future Zygor guides from your servers? I.E. Do I have to be logged into Zygor while in-game to see the guides? That is kinda what I am wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                    Even the ones he currently owns? Note he said "I own all the current guides" in the title of his post.

Comment

Don't expect to update any of your existing products currently if you do not already have say, the Dailies and Events guides.

Looks like they disabled them:

This product is inactive and no longer for sale. This product is no longer for sale or has been disabled due to a terms of service violation

Comment

I'm still confused about one thing... how will this work? Are the subscription files (guides) not going to be downloaded on our PC's? If they are, how will you remove our access to them? Or are they set to "self destruct" if we don't login to Zygor launcher thingy...

Comment

Originally posted by mariaparker6493 View Post
                          So those of us who have previously paid full price now have to pay an additional subscription fee? Doesn't seem very fair.
                          You don't have to pay any additional fees unless you want one of the 6 new guides or guides you do not already own. We are still going to offer lifetime updates to guides and the ability to upgrade to new expansion content for a one time fee like we always have.

Comment

Figure it's time I made my own post (as a customer and not a moderator) now that all the info is out. While I personally don't have any problems with the subscription model I do hope that at some point in the future Zygor will change this to include the option of paying a one time fee like we had. Yes the subscription is great especially if you want a guide and you don't have a big chunk of change laying around to purchase it, but to be able to say that you own the guide has it's merits too. You can't say that with a subscription.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

i love the price where do i sign up? ill take both.

Comment

Originally posted by dermod View Post
                                Even the ones he currently owns? Note he said "I own all the current guides" in the title of his post.
                                No, not current ones he owns. Those will still be available and updated, and he can still upgrade those guides for the expansion content using the one time fee method.

Comment

Working...
                                X