This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guide Updater Still Not Working!

at first i thought it was because of the new guides being a week away but now that they are released my 'update' button still does nothing. I am forced to 'manually' download them after logging into the website. While this does work it is annoying if i have to do this everytime (especially since i know there are going to be tons and tons of updates to fix user submitted bugs in the next few weeks) Please help?

p.s. I have already deleted the updater and zygor files and redownloaded the updator and got the same result, even tried logging in as a trial user..same thing...

Do you have Bit Defender? If you do disable it completely and try the Updater again.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
      Do you have Bit Defender? If you do disable it completely and try the Updater again.
      Ive never even heard of bit defender

Comment

It's like a AntiVirus thing. The updater for whatever reason will not work with that running. To see if you have it: Click Control Panel then under Programs click uninstall a program and look in there for it. Let us know if you do.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
          It's like a AntiVirus thing. The updater for whatever reason will not work with that running. To see if you have it: Click Control Panel then under Programs click uninstall a program and look in there for it. Let us know if you do.
          Its worked fine in the past, just a week ago it stopped updating. I checked and i dont have it installed. I do have mcafee though but i have that on my other computers and last time i played wow on them it ran fine. Any other suggestions?

Comment

If it's not updating then I'd have to say that something changed and is not allowing it to connect. Did McAfee recently have a program update? If so try disabling McAfee and see if the Updater starts to work again.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              If it's not updating then I'd have to say that something changed and is not allowing it to connect. Did McAfee recently have a program update? If so try disabling McAfee and see if the Updater starts to work again.
              I could try that but i doubt it would do anything. I literally installed McAfee today while i was waiting while the timer kept resetting. I used to have Norton (trial that came with this computer) and when i ran out i decided to put McAfee on it since all my other pc's have it. The problem occured before i installed McAfee so i dont think disabling it will do anything.

Comment

Ok, you said it stopped working about a week ago. Have you tried to use the System Restore tool (Start button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools) to restore the system back to a point when it was working? Maybe something got messed up somewhere and doing a system restore will help.

Comment

do you think me having installed windows 7 service pack 1 recently could of caused this inadvertently?

Comment

Anything is possible. Check the Windows Firewall to see if it's blocking anything.

Comment

I did a system restore back as far as i could go and it changed nothing, still doesnt update

Comment

Service Pack 1 shouldn't be a problem. I have it and have had no issues.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

What about the Windows Firewall?

Comment

Also use Windows Firewall and have had no issues.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

You mentioned that you have Windows 7. Where is your WoW directory? If it's in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) then you could have some potential writing issues with your programs unless allowing them administrative access. I don't know if this will even do anything, but have you tried either of the following:

1) If WoW resides in a Program Files (or x86) folder, you can try moving its directory outside, possibly onto your C:\ drive; OR
                              2) Try running the updater as an Administrator.

No guarantees, but just a thought.
                              It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                              X