Hallow's End Guide is Lacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallow's End Guide is Lacking

I was really disappointed with the Hallow's End Guide. It doesn't appear to have been updated for this year, and the achievement guide is a joke. 28 steps? Why even publish it?

EDIT: The quest guide just guided me to Southshore. Seriously? Southshore hasn't existed for 10 months.

As has been mentioned a few times on this subject, Zygor can't update guides for any Blizzard changes until the event goes live on the US servers. Most times Zygor will have the update out within 24 hours, but there are some occasions when it takes a little longer. The event runs for 2 weeks and you can be sure that the update will be out soon and that you'll have plenty of time to complete the event.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well that's not true. The update for Cataclysm came before it went live. I remember because it almost got me server first 85. I just wish we could expect the same kind of up-to-minute updating for other content.

Comment

I just purchased the dailies and events guide for the sole purpose of completing hallows end and here it is Oct 19th 2011 and 90% of this event is not even in the guide. 28 steps for one zones trick or treating acheivement is a serious joke. Where are the rest of the zones? At the very least you would think that those would be there considering the fact that those acheivements have been around for years. If there was going to be an update for this guide it would have been last years hallows end event. But there wasnt!

Comment

The Cata stuff was not an event, as I said Zygor has always waited for the events to go live before updating. With the Cata content Zygor was able to build those guides due to being in the beta for the expansion and then he was fixing bugs for the next month due to Blizzard changing stuff around from beta to live, for the Event stuff he has to wait for live.

8ballusa, the Hallow's End guide that is in there right now is last year's guide. The reason it seems to be so little to it is because it doesn't show anything after the broken zone step. What I mean by that is if last year's guide had you go to The Barrens as soon as you get to that step now the guide ends because The Barrens no longer exists. Cata changed everything around for the guides and zones so even if you could see the rest of the steps you'd still have to hunt for the NPCs as they're most likely not where they were before.

All I can say is to have a little patience because at the end of the month you'll have all of your Hallow's End stuff done and be wondering why you were so worried about not having the guide ready on the first day.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The Hallow's End updates will be out within the next couple of hours (probably sooner), we were about 95% done with it yesterday. Sorry for the delay. Blizzard does not put the events out early on a PTR or anything, so it is impossible for us to see what changed until it goes live, causing these delays in updating the event guides - unfortunately. Thanks for your patience.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Update?

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
              The Hallow's End updates will be out within the next couple of hours (probably sooner), we were about 95% done with it yesterday. Sorry for the delay. Blizzard does not put the events out early on a PTR or anything, so it is impossible for us to see what changed until it goes live, causing these delays in updating the event guides - unfortunately. Thanks for your patience.
              This post says within the next couple of hours, but was posted 5 hours ago and there still is no update. Could we get an update on how the update is going and when you think it should be ready?

Even if not finished, 95% done is more then we have now if we could just get what's done so far....

Looking forward to the update. Thanks.

Comment

Zygor team--

Is there any update yet as to when this will be released?

Comment

11PM here in the UK and I've given up waiting. We were told NINE hours ago it would be a couple of hours (probably sooner).
                  I absolutely understand it can't be updated until it's all live. I absolutely understand you can run into issues. What I don't understand is the utter lack of communication regarding it.
                  A simple 'Really sorry guys, release estimation has to be extended due to an unexpected issue, no ETA'
                  would have sufficed.
                  It took me 17 seconds to type that.

Fingers crossed I'll wake up to a new update in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by sassyuk View Post
                    It took me 17 seconds to type that.
                    Really? It only took me like .74 seconds to type "that"... man you're a slow typer.... ok... sad attempt at a bit of levity. In all seriousness, I gotta agree a bit. I love zygor, and can only imagine the amount of work that goes into this, and totally respect that, and can be patient, especially if I know why I'm being patient.

As my Grandma used to say "don't write checks your *ss can't cash"... 'nother words the "couple of hours (probably sooner)" not happening is almost worse than just saying "sometime this week, get over it"... just sayin'

Comment

Updated now, and we'll be sure to never release estimate release times again, just to be safe. :-) Sorry for the delay, enjoy!
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Step 45 of the Hallow's End Achievements (Alience) points to the Horde flight NPC Yugrek......

Hmmm think it points to the nearest Flight NPC i just ran past the Horde NPC and the waypoint changed automaticaly very nice.

Comment

Additional Hallow's End Dailies Errors

Step 6 - Hallow's End Dailies, "Clean Up In Stormwind" sends you to the river between Elynn Forest and Duskwood not to SW.

Step 23 - Hallow's End Dailies - "A Time To Lose". The Guide & directional arrow sends you to 32, 50 inside of SW which is the wrong location, Keira is standing with the other Hallow's End NPC just outside the SW gates in Elwynn Forest.
                          Last edited by genec; October 20, 2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulious View Post
                            Step 45 of the Hallow's End Achievements (Alience) points to the Horde flight NPC Yugrek......

Hmmm think it points to the nearest Flight NPC i just ran past the Horde NPC and the waypoint changed automaticaly very nice.
                            Yes, that is how it works, but if you're Alliance it shouldn't be recommending Horde flight masters. Are you saying that is what it did?
                            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                            X