How to "complete" the steps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to "complete" the steps ?

Good evening everybody, I am facing a little problem "aesthetic". Let me explain by giving an example :
    - I have unlocked a new flight path but the guide marks this step as incomplete. I pass this step manually but there is always displayed in red, as if I had never done... So I want to know how to do this step to be "green"
    It's just purely cosmetic !

Right-click the "Get <whatever> Flight Path" and click "Mark as Complete".

Comment

If you right click on the step line you'll have a small menu appears and one of the options is Complete. Just click that and it will tell the guides that you completed that step line.

Be careful when doing this tho. If you do this for a quest that's part of a chain and you didn't actually complete the quest then the guides will think you did and keep directing you to go pick up and do the follow up quests in that chain.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You can also simply left or rightclick the next step button to get past this step. Leftclick moves ahead one step while rightclick fast forwards to next incomplete step.

Do you use a non English WoW client? With my German WoW the guide never detects I've got a flight point if it's name is different in English or German. Waypoints that have the same name in both languages work (Orgrimmar...).

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          You can also simply left or rightclick the next step button to get past this step. Leftclick moves ahead one step while rightclick fast forwards to next incomplete step.
          Originally posted by shiguro View Post
          I pass this step manually but there is always displayed in red, as if I had never done... So I want to know how to do this step to be "green"
          I'm voting you out of Coon & Friends, Cartman

Comment

Sorry for that, 3 a.m.
            But the question about the WoW client language is still interesting.

Comment

I'm playing with the French Version, I have the same problem as you : when the flight path has the same name it works. However, if he did not have the same name, I have to "skip this step".

Comment

Sorry for that, 3 a.m.
                But the question about the WoW client language is still interesting.
                Originally posted by shiguro View Post
                I'm playing with the French Version, I have the same problem as you : when the flight path has the same name it works. However, if he did not have the same name, I have to "skip this step".
                I can confirm it. So far getting a list of what is known to player is a hard thing due to how Blizzard made it. We have some ideas on that, might fix in a nearby update. Thank you for pointing out.

Comment

It's not a big issue to skip ahead manually.

The guide stores a list of localized flight points and shows them in a bug report. So getting the names is not the problem. You would "simply" need a library to translate the names in the guide files and compare them to the known ones (as it probably does with English names).
                  LibTaxi can be used for that but it seems outdated, German names for the Cataclysm flight points are missing.

Comment

It's not a big issue to skip ahead manually.

The guide stores a list of localized flight points and shows them in a bug report. So getting the names is not the problem. You would "simply" need a library to translate the names in the guide files and compare them to the known ones (as it probably does with English names).
                    LibTaxi can be used for that but it seems outdated, German names for the Cataclysm flight points are missing.
                    I'm just looking for a way to make the game itself generate us the list of translation. LibTaxi is a satelite library of Zygor Guides, so we can't count on anybody but us to update the lists here, and with upcoming Portuguese version this would eat up a large chunk of work just to keep those in sync.

Comment

Didn't know libTaxi is Zygor exclusive.
                      It might be not easy to get localizations for flight points without a library.
                      Thinking about it I wonder if this is necessary or if the flight point steps can be removed from the guides as you get flight points automatically. I think if your level is high enough to even start a zone you also have all flight points there. At least in the 80-85 section I never needed to activate a flight point.

Comment

I've found that sometimes in the lower levels following the guides when they recommend to go to the next zone you sometimes are a level below when you get the FPs from Blizzard. So when you first get in the new zone having the FP step can still be useful, but is quickly negated when you hit the level that Blizzard gives you the FPs for that zone.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It might be not easy to get localizations for flight points without a library.
                          Thinking about it I wonder if this is necessary or if the flight point steps can be removed from the guides as you get flight points automatically. I think if your level is high enough to even start a zone you also have all flight points there. At least in the 80-85 section I never needed to activate a flight point.
                          On one hand, yes. It's a recent addition for «leveling» zones, but it may still be relevant for the top-tier content. I can't actually tell when this all «you know all FP lower than your level» thing happened. On the other hand, this info may still be useful for LibRover in some way, and recall the Mists of Pandara «no flight» thing, it can actually be quite needed for the future. At any rate, there indeed doesn't seem to be an easy route of doing this, but resorting to manual population is a no-go, we'll try to think something about it.

Didn't know libTaxi is Zygor exclusive.
                          It shares the author with ZGV,ZTA,LibRover etc Look at the .toc file.

Comment

Thanks for the info Cabby, I seem to be always too far ahead of the guides due to gathering professions

Originally posted by zgdev2 View Post
                            On the other hand, this info may still be useful for LibRover in some way, and recall the Mists of Pandara «no flight» thing, it can actually be quite needed for the future.
                            Maybe for the automatic flight feature of the guide.
                            At least for German, French and Spanish getting flight point names and maintaining libTaxi shouldn't be a big thing, I can look over it when I have some time.

Comment

Maybe for the automatic flight feature of the guide.
                              Exactly. It falls back to LibRover to calculate how one should get to the desired spot and that won't work if the localized data saved by LibTaxi is not matched against English corresponding items. More precisely, I suspect the automatic flight should be totally broken in heavily localized version (Russian, Chinese etc).

At least for German, French and Spanish getting flight point names and maintaining libTaxi shouldn't be a big thing, I can look over it when I have some time.
                              As an adaptation of a Russian proverb says: «Why doing stuff which can be dropped?». I actually have found a way to extract the names and the relationship between flightpoints right out of a client itself, I only need to talk over this with the team on how exactly we integrate it to the addon.

Comment

Working...
                              X