Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor is MIA with new patch

I just logged to WoW and my Zygor add-on is not there anymore

I really hope you are releasing an update soon. I am at lvl 84 and still have a lot of
    quests to do.

Please make sure it is checked in your AddOns list. Also, make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns box is checked at the top of your AddOns list. Thanks.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
      Please make sure it is checked in your AddOns list. Also, make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns box is checked at the top of your AddOns list. Thanks.
      How long until we don't have to use a work-around?

Comment

Originally posted by bryanpheller View Post
        How long until we don't have to use a work-around?
        To be fair, Blizzard tell you every time that there is a patch to make sure that you check the Load Out of Date AddOns box...

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
          To be fair, Blizzard tell you every time that there is a patch to make sure that you check the Load Out of Date AddOns box...
          Yea I understand that, just wondering when the full update for this patch will be ready

Comment

Have the .toc files been updated yet? With the changes in 4.3, it may be necessary to update everything to the current patch. Otherwise, things will not work. If you check the "Load Out of Date Addons" and the game client crashes, then we will know that the guide is (one of) the cause(s).

I have made a similar plea to the Curse boards because I believe that the changes made to the game (cough, Background Downloader, cough) require all addons to be updated to the current patch to ensure a smooth running environment. No more laziness is needed. Blizzard has made changes that will make addon updating essential and required in order for said addon to work. Even if it's as simple as a .toc change. If the game client recognizes that the addon is out of date, it will either crash the client or not show up in game, depending on the check/uncheck.
            My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

I say this because my client has crashed twice. I'm not frustrated, I'm just pointing out that there may have been an update in the patch that may make it harder for addons to work.

Sorry for double post, I type slow and someone may have posted before this went out.
              Last edited by wowvern; November 29, 2011, 02:15 PM. Reason: Explanation of double post.
              My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

I never had an out of date addon crash the client. The only thing is that I got spammed with LUA errors
                Guide version 3166 seems to have an updated toc so that it should load even with out of date addons unchecked. I cannot say anything more as EU servers will go down for the update in a few hours. I can check everything in about 10 hours if Blizzard does not mess up the servers.

Comment

I lost my guids to.. "out of date"

Did update all .. curse too. Didn`t help

Did go to addons and clicked "load out date guids"

Got the guids back... Diff was that they didn`t go to the lvl i am. Did it myself and every thing is working again

Happy happy happy .. lol

Thanks again for the guids .. I am not that good in english .. so it is a big help for me

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
                    I say this because my client has crashed twice. I'm not frustrated, I'm just pointing out that there may have been an update in the patch that may make it harder for addons to work.
                    Your problem might be related to what Chaos posted over here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post71925
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

MIA with new patch

I just logged onto WoW and my guides are all gone also. I checked to make sure that everything was updated and it is showing in interface but does not show up for addon's at all. Hope you will be able to get this all corrected soon.

Comment

Do you have the 3166 version of the guides installed?
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Guide 3166 works fine, doesn't even need load outdated addons.

One addon that completely lockups WoW is FishingBuddy. All others I have have either been updated or work, only one needed a small modification (Mapster, you can find the solution on curse.com).

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                            One addon that completely lockups WoW is FishingBuddy.
                            FishingBuddy was just updated recently, yay.

Any other addons that freeze the loading screen are possibly using an older revision of LibTourist, which borks everything with 4.3.

Comment

As soon as I clicked on the out of date box WoW will not play. It starts to load and gets the background loaded, but no charcter image loads and the program then locks up. Uncheck the out of date box and WoW loads up just fine. Looks like Zygor has some work to do...

Comment

Working...
                              X