No announcement yet.

problem with portuguese translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Os meus serveros are up now, will go in and investigate asap.

Comment

There has been an update to libBabbleZone 14 hours ago. May be worth a try to install it as separate addon:
      http://www.wowace.com/addons/libbabble-zone-3-0/

I looked through the missing translations for libBabbleZone and most of them are dungeons and subzones.
      Missing zones are:
      The Exodar
      Northern Barrens
      Southern Barrens
      Northern Stranglethorn
      Molten Front (Firelands dailies area, you need to be in stage 2 there to access the portal in Hyjal)

If someone with Portuguese client can translate these (got into the zone and type print(GetRealZoneText()); into the chat) I can put them on wowace.

Edit: I looked into the last libBabbleZone file and Portuguese is currently not included. I wonder why as many translations are included some time ago and there's no problem putting an additional language into the file even if it's not currently supported by the game client.

Comment

I can confirm the problem =\ I'm waiting a sollution as well.

Comment

I just purchased the Leveling & Loremaster guide and realized that I'm having the same problem with Portuguese language. I appreciate the help with this issue.

Regards,

Comment

For anyone who wants to experiment I enhanced the last official builds of LibBabble-Zone and LibBabble-Faction with the ptBR strings they already have at wowace.
            Extract them to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder to load them as separate addons.

I cannot guarantee that this works as I cannot test it but I think those two libraries will definitely throw errors.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
              For anyone who wants to experiment I enhanced the last official builds of LibBabble-Zone and LibBabble-Faction with the ptBR strings they already have at wowace.
              Extract them to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder to load them as separate addons.

I cannot guarantee that this works as I cannot test it but I think those two libraries will definitely throw errors.
              the solution you suggested did not work. any other ideas?

Comment

At least it was worth a try. Are there any LUA errors popping up? Or errors from the Zygor addon in the chat window?

Looks like the Zygor team needs to look into this as they have access to US accounts and therefore can test Portuguese.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post

This error message appeared:

Message: ...iewer\Libs\LibBabble-Zone-3.0\LibBabble-Zone-3.0.lua:2662: LibBabble-Zone-3.0: Locale "ptBR" not supported
                  Time: 11/30/11 14:03:32
                  Count: 1
                  Stack: [C]: in function `error'
                  ...iewer\Libs\LibBabble-Zone-3.0\LibBabble-Zone-3.0.lua:2662: in main chunk

Locals: (*temporary) = "LibBabble-Zone-3.0: Locale "ptBR" not supported"

Comment

The library didn't get loaded as standalone addon, the error comes from the one included with the guide.
                    Normally a newer version as standalone should override any versions included with addons.
                    Make sure the LibBabbleZone got extracted correctly to the WoW\Interface\Addons folder and it shows up in the addons selection screen when clicking the addons button in the character selection.

Comment

I created an US accout (WoW starter edition) to test the Portuguese translations but the game does not show up any addons.
                      Is it because the updater did not download enough data (it is sooooo slow)?
                      In the official FAQ is no word about addon limitations:
                      http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...faq&rhtml=true

Comment

Cartman,

I may be getting it wrong, but it seems that you are not quite understanding what is happening, maybe because we arent explaining it right.

Lets summary the problem as we know it so far:

I got the 4.3, got the portuguese translation.

At the character menu, when i click on "addons" I see that zygor is there all right and it is not outdated.

When i enter the game I see no trace of zygor leveling guide at all. To me it is like i dont have the addon.

On the other hand, zygor talent advisor is working all right.

I´ve tryed what you suggested earlir and it did not work at all.

Best regards,

Drummond

Comment

I think I understand the problem, it is just not clear what causes this. It may be that the guide does not start due to the errors with the libraries.
                          I think the guide viewer itself should work with any language as it should use English then.

LibBabble-Zone and LibBabble-Faction throw errors when using an unknown language (like the one digomega posted above). I put the already existing Portuguese translations into those two libraries and try to run an US client with Portuguese language to see what happens. But the WoW client I am downloading now does not load any addons so far, maybe because too much game data is missing (loading at 60-120kb/sec) or maybe because Blizzard does not let the starter edition run addons.

Comment

OK, got it working

Extract the two libraries I posted HERE into the WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs folder overwriting the existing ones.
                            I don't know why the libraries don't work when installed as separate addons, normally they should be loaded because their build number is higher than the one of the libraries supplied by the guide.
                            Remember you need to do that procedure for every guide update until the official libraries have Portuguese translations.

Edit: it may be possible that the libraries get loaded by another addon than the Zygor guide. In that case you need to replace the libraries there.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                              Had someone send these pictures in with a support ticket. It shows the problem appears to be with LibBabble-Zone. The Talent Advisor seems to be working fine in the pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]554[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]555[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]556[/ATTACH]
                              That's what happens.

Comment

It is working just fine now.
                                Thx Cartman!

Comment

Working...
                                X