Bug: Kalu'ak Reputation Guide_Steps 56 thru 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Kalu'ak Reputation Guide_Steps 56 thru 62

As a note, I had not done any quests in Howling Fjord before bringing up the Kalu'ak reputation guide, which probably accounts for why this particular bug was never noticed.

In step 56 the guide directs the player to accept the quest "Grezzix Spindlestep" and then advances you up through step 61. However, in step 62 the guide sends you to talk to the NPC "Silvermoon Harry" where you're directed to turn in the quest Street "Cred". The problem is that when you arrive at "Silvermoon Harry" you don't have that quest and he is hostile and you can't talk to him.

You get the quest Street "Cred" by turning in the quest "Grezzix Spindlestep" to the NPC of the same name. The guide is missing the required steps that send you to Grezzix Spindlestep to turn in and get the needed quest Street "Cred", the getting of which triggers Silvermoon Harry into non-hostile mode so you can talk to him.

---

As an aside, the daily that's in Moa'ki Harbor (Dragonblight) main claim for existence is to award Kalu'ak reputation, the gold reward not being enough to otherwise make it worthwhile doing. The problem is that it is NOT in the Kalu'ak Reputation guide. The current Kalu'ak Reputation guide starts you off in Kaskala (Borean Tundra) and after that the guide routes you directly to Howling Fjord which, BTW, pretty much routes you right over Moa'ki Harbor. It literally makes no sense to leave the Moa'ki Harbor daily out of the Kalu'ak Reputation guide.

I mentioned this point much earlier in the year, and at that time I pretty much got the impression that somebody at your end doesn't agree with my point that it should be in the reputation guide. BUT, I'm stubborn, and probably pigheaded as well, so I'm mentioning it again...
    Last edited by coasty; December 14, 2011, 08:01 AM. Reason: Remove Redundant Grammer

Added to the bug list.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Added to the bug list.
      Got a couple more for you, all located at step 76. It'll be the same type of problem, i.e. missing guide steps.

When you arrive at step 76 it lists four quests to be turned in to Orfus of Kamagua. The step marks all four quests as being complete, however the guide only includes steps to complete the quest "The Shield of the Aesirites", so of the four quests to be turned in it's the only one that has actually been completed. The three quests that are marked as completed by step 76, but not actually done, are:

The Ancient Armor of the Kvalder
      The Frozen Heart of Isuldof
      The Staff of Storm's Fury

Comment

OK, several other things noticed, and some comments about the state of the guide...

In step 83 you turn in the quest "Return to Atuik", immediately after in step 84 the guide directs you to fly to Moa'ki Harbor. At this point, starting with step 85 and ending with step 109, you're being directed to do Dragonblight Moa'ki Harbor daily pre-quests. Step 109 is a note that you've completed all the pre-quests and you can now do the dailies. Imagine my surprise to find step 110 telling me to go back to Kaskala and do a daily which the guide had already had me do way back in steps 2 or 3 before I ever went to off to Howling Fjord!!!!!!!. So, the guide sent me back to try and do a daily quest that had already been done and was now not available!!!!!

In step 114 the guide FINALLY sent me back again to Moa'ki Harbor to do it's daily quest, so I guess you can ignore my point about its inclusion in my original post. Anyway, in step 117 I'm now told to turn around and fly all the way back to Kamagua and in step 118 I'm told to talk to Anuniaq and accept his daily quest "The Way to His Heart..." And, of course, the real irony here is that I still can't accept Anuniaq's daily quest because Anuniaq isn't offering it. Obviously there's still some required step in Howling Fjord needed to activate Anuniaq that is screwed up in the guide.

In my case, before I'd ever opened up the Kalu'ak reputation guide I had already done all available Dragonblight quests, gotten Dragonblight Loremaster, and done all the Dragonblight Kalu'ak daily pre-quests. So why does the guide give directions to go there before checking to see if those pre-quests are already done? Additionally, the reputation guide steps for the Dragonblight quests, for those who DO need to do the pre-quests, are completely in the wrong section of the guide. Steps 83-117 should be placed immediately after the opening steps in the guide that have you do the Kaskala (Borean Tundra) daily. It's the logical progression of quests, leading you from Kaskala to Moa'ki Harbor, and then to Kamagua. That way you get a fairly direct path with a minimum amount of time wasted flying back and forth between Dragonblight and Howling Fjord.

Right now the Kalu'ak reputation guide is in a bit of mess, things out of order and needed steps missing.

I will say though,I don't know how often other players would end up with the Dragonblight quests being all done while none have been done in Howling Fjord. In my case it happened (pre 4.3) because I ended up at level 80 before ever needing to go to Howling Fjord, and didn't come back to do Northrend dailies until after I made level 85. The point though is that the current guide set up, switching back/forth between leveling guides and reputation guides etc rather obviously has some serious problems. Well, I can't say that truthfully about the other guides, but I surely can about the Kalu'ak reputation guide.

Overall, just how in hell did this particular reputation guide get released with so many problems. It indicates sloppy and careless work.

-----

OK, just found that the reason the Anuniaq daily wasn't activated...

I happened to go back and look at my quest list and noticed that a Howling Fjord quest hadn't been turned in, and after turning it in Anuniaq's daily was activated. So....

You acquire the quest Swabbing Soap in step 64, but once you complete the quest there is no step directing you to turn it in, it's totally missing.

At this point I think I've identified all the problems keeping the guide from working right.

Comment

Working...
        X