Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macro help...

/focus mouseover
    /castrandom [target = focus] polymorph, polymorph(pig), polymorph(black cat)
    %t is now a furry!!

Would this macro cause the enemy that I have my mouseover to become my focus, be afflicted by a random polymorph, and have my toon say his witty little blurb all in one button?
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Try this instead Skippy.

#showtooltip Polymorph
    /castrandom [@mouseover, harm, nodead] Polymorph, Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Black Cat)
    /stopmacro [noharm]
    /p %t is now a furry!!

By using the harm and noharm tags it will prevent it from trying to cast on a friendly target. And I capitalized the spell name as I'm not sure how picky the macros are when it comes to that. This will not make the mob your focus target. If you really want the mob to become your focus target try the following.

#showtooltip Polymorph
    /focus [@mouseover, harm, nodead]
    /castrandom [@mouseover, harm, nodead] Polymorph, Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Black Cat)
    /stopmacro [noharm]
    /p %t is now a furry!!
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'll try the second one, it looks like it'll do what I want

What does #showtooltip do exactly?
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

#showtooltip is somewhat redundant now, depending on how the macro is set up exactly.

You set up the macro with it as the first line (optionally set the ? as the icon and it will show the icon for the spell it's using instead of a static one) when you hover over the hotbutton with your mouse it shows the tooltip for whatever spell/ability the macro is going to use when you click it instead of just the label of the macro.

At some point after Cata launched, I noticed setting the ? icon alone now sort of assumes a #showtooltip so I've actually gone back and removed it from a few of my macros to get 12 extra characters.

Comment

Oh, I see. It's more of a help on remembering which macro is which on your bars. Makes sense, although my cat macro's icon is a cat and I have the macro keybound to a slightly obscure, yet in-reach place.
          85s
          Skippyninja
          Oomatherman
          Judedaniels
          MissRuPaul
          Sumekomovani
          Pattymelt
          Shamwiches
          Twonewon
          Takakoinaba
          Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by daeymien View Post
            #showtooltip is somewhat redundant now, depending on how the macro is set up exactly.

You set up the macro with it as the first line (optionally set the ? as the icon and it will show the icon for the spell it's using instead of a static one) when you hover over the hotbutton with your mouse it shows the tooltip for whatever spell/ability the macro is going to use when you click it instead of just the label of the macro.

At some point after Cata launched, I noticed setting the ? icon alone now sort of assumes a #showtooltip so I've actually gone back and removed it from a few of my macros to get 12 extra characters.
            Seriously? AWESOME. *Went to fix some of ZGV macros* I was wondering why haven't they made it so in the first place.

Comment

Working...
            X