Chat Box Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat Box Spam

i have never had it do this before but now my guides is spamming my chat box with turning in quest activating quest opening quest. is there any way to stop this?

Try completely uninstalling the guides and then re-installing them.

Comment

its a fresh install
      thats where im having the problem on my other machine it was installed 3 years ago this is a new
      thing that was added just need to know how to turn it off

Comment

Are you referring to the auto turn-in and accept quest feature spam?
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

yes
          yes yes yes yes

Comment

Try turning off the auto-accept and auto-turn in features of the guides and see if the spam goes away.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

now on my older machine i have the auto feature on but i dont get spam in the chatbox

Comment

as of right now there is no way to turn that off, although an interesting idea.

Comment

Are all of your other addons and all the addon/game settings identical between the old and new PC? It's possible on your older PC that an addon is blocking the chat messages from the guides, or re-directing them to a different tab. Maybe you have your chat settings different and have the section that the addons output info turned off.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

ya turning off the auto accept stops the spam i guess ill just have to put up with it i would rather have the auto accept on

Comment

I'll see if that can be minimized.

Comment

Hmm, I can't reproduce it. Could you please provide a screenshot?

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev2 View Post
                          Hmm, I can't reproduce it. Could you please provide a screenshot?
                          go into features, turn on auto accept and auto turn in, then do a quest or 2. the chat referred to is what is placed in the chat telling th e user a quest is accepted, then what quest is accepted, or turning in a quest. You'll see it when you run some quests.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                            go into features, turn on auto accept and auto turn in, then do a quest or 2. the chat referred to is what is placed in the chat telling th e user a quest is accepted, then what quest is accepted, or turning in a quest. You'll see it when you run some quests.
                            You mean those single messages? I though the issue were them coming en masse. Am I wrong?

Comment

Im 95% sure thats what he's referring to, the single messages.

Comment

Working...
                              X