Zygor Guides Updater bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guides Updater bug

First of all, the updater does a great job keeping my guides up to day and the auto-check before then launching is a great feature. However I am noticing a problem on my computer while using the automatic mode when there is an update. I'll just list it out in a timeline of what happens.

1.) I click the ZygorGuide shortcut on my desktop
    2.) It starts checking for an update and finds one.
    3.) it then downloads and installs the update perfectly
    4.) (this is where it messes up for me) The updater then tries to start up wow for me, but instead of opening wow just once, it opens hundreds of wow.exe freezing my computer to the point i have to press the power button on my computer to restart it because my computer will freeze from wow.exe then using up all my memory and all the cpu.

I'm not sure what could be causing this, but it only occurs when automatic mode is on. i've done the updates manually through the downloader, and then clicked launch wow with no problems.

Try going into the Settings of the Updater and in the 2nd box set it to use the Launcher.exe instead of wow.exe and see if that works.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This could happen if the Updater - somehow - does manage to launch WoW for you, but doesn't manage to shut itself down before re-attempting to launch WoW again. It'd be weird, but I made a fallback check so that launching is never retried automatically. Please let your Updater update... and check if there isn't any error message when running in auto mode.

Comment

Working...
      X