Can we possibly receive a gold guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we possibly receive a gold guide?

Even if it were just fan created, it'd be nice. I've now got a priest and a Dk at 85, and a mage at 81. I'm quickly getting these guys leveled, and filling in all their professions, and seem to be having issues with gold. An in-game "Tip of the Day" style small addon would be awesome to have while playing, and probably even better if the Zygor team were to
    make it themselves! I'm currently sitting on something like 50k gold, but that's been after a LOT of working trying to get there. Even a good gold guide post would be cool, but just looking out for some help for me, as I'm sure so are a lot of other people.

Right now our guides cover 2 of the 4 ways to make gold in the game, thru professions and dailies. The other 2 methods are farming for rare drops to sell on the AH and playing the buy low/sell high game on the AH. Both of these other 2 methods are very dependent on each server's economy. It would be extremely difficult to create any kind of guide for these other 2 methods that would be universal to all of the servers since each server's economy can be very different.

Probably the best advice I could personally give for this subject is to learn what does and doesn't sell on your server for the professions you've chosen. Once you know what sells for a reasonable profit you can then use your profession to start generating a steady flow of gold. There are some items that will always sell, like the frostweave bags, but there if you want to really make a profit you need to be willing to farm the frostweave cloth yourself. Most of the time you can buy the cloth from the AH and then turn it into bags to sell, but you'd be cutting your profits in half. And of course this wouldn't always work on all servers since some servers it would cost more to buy the cloth than you could sell the bags for.

Running dailies on your 85s can bring in about 200-300 gold per day on each of them. Combine that with selling profession crafted items on the AH and you have the potential to bring in close to 1k per day. Again, this is all dependent on your server's economy, what professions you have, and how much demand there is for a particular item.

Since you have a mage, you could set up a taxi service to help bring in extra gold as well. You'd probably have better luck with that kind of endeavor on a weekend when there's more people logged in and playing.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby just to help a bit. I have a lvl 85 and I only did the Tourment dallies cause I wanted to get the heirlooms etc. Anyways there are a total of 9 quest each quest at level 85 grants about 13 gold and something silver. As well as four of the quest grant a bag which has 10 gold in it. So I made 157 a day but with mobs and and drops I could ring in maybe even 200 a day. So in a months time frame you could make about lets use a 28 day month 4,396 gold a month.

The problem is there are really few real good legal ways of making cash. The only for sure way is to do dallies. As proffessions, rares, and the Ah ways all depend on the server and side your on. For example newer servers are better to make gold as most of the mats are low and are in low supply so you could see 20 gold for a stack of linen cloth.

I play Horde on Aerie Peak and even the same server things can be different from one faction to another. I place a stack of iron ore and it sold for 30 gold but on the alliance my son said he saw it as low as 2 gold a stack.

The other is prices change from day to day and in many times from the time of the year is is. For example Small eggs barely sell but come Xmas you can sell five of them for 10 or 20 gold.

Comment

Yep, you're absolutely right. And that's exactly why it's so hard to make any kind or real gold guide. All these other gold guides out there will only truly work if you do it on that guide maker's server and faction.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The AT dailies also give you Champion's Seals and these can be used to buy pets. These pets are selling for a ridiculous amount on the two servers I regularly play on - I got 4000g for one and 3000g for another.

Comment

Once you get to 85, I would recommend doing the Firelands Dailies and the Tol Barad Dailies. You will earn easy money, as well as unlock some cool gear and recipes which could unlock more potential earnings.

Comment

Dailies is a decent way to make gold, but it's not a great way to make a lot of gold. I'd suggest checking out additional sites. Generally the bulk of the information leans towards, getting an AH style addon (TSM, Auctioneer, Auctionator) and learning your particular servers economy. Then knowing when the market goes to a low "buy" point, buy your stock there. Then just resell it when there's a high demand (Tuesday-Wednesday and the Weekends are the usual times).

Comment

Just be careful and keep your inventories low..I was doing well marketing shards that where going for 80g each so I bought up a bunch at 70g and under and was making decent gold doing this...then the economy flipped and the same shards are now going for 45g....was sitting on a small stash so had to eat some loss on the final purchases. Slow and steady is the way don't look for huge profits in one shot look steady everyday.

When looking at the addon programs for AH most will tell you that you need to run scans to check current pricing for your server etc. I'd recommend running these scan daily for at least 30 days before basing any decisions on purchase and resell on AH. It takes at least that long for the software out there to adjust pricing from its default to the server/market specific that you are in.

Comment

Working...
                X