Transportation Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transportation Guide

With the addition of portals in many areas of Azeroth, it would seem that a guide showing all portal locations, as well as ports for ships and zeppelins, would be a good thing to have. It might be a nice little freebie when purchasing other guides.

Originally posted by Valli View Post
    With the addition of portals in many areas of Azeroth, it would seem that a guide showing all portal locations, as well as ports for ships and zeppelins, would be a good thing to have. It might be a nice little freebie when purchasing other guides.
    Your suggestion is very valid, since the Carbonite addon no longer does what it used to do. It used to display (on its great maps) icons for a variety of things, such as Portals, Trainers, etc. Now, Carbonite tells you that you have to travel to another continent (Kalimdor!!!, when you are in the Eastern Kingdom) to find the closest 'Fishing Trainer,' even though you are standing on the toes of one right next to you in Stranglethorn Vale -- Booty Bay!

Blizzard has really made things even more difficult (due to laziness on their part, I expect) by having the "Guards" tell us that they "...will put a SPOT on our maps" to the location of what we are seeking! That's lame. It doesn't tell users if the location is upstairs, downstairs, or whatever. It's nonsense. After the last patch or so, that's the only response you get from those brain-dead Guards for directions.

The "Portal" situation is totally unintuitive! I agree with you. Traveling easily and quickly is a nightmare! It's a mess.

This game should be much easier to navigate, especially since users can't define (and have access to) custom "Teleports" as were available in Diablo II). Those were life savers, and that game was MUCH smaller than Wow! We need them here, more than we did there.

Having Zygor's help in TRAVELING would be a great boon!

Comment

Are there that many portals in Azeroth since Cataclysm? As far as I am aware, there are portals to the Dark Portal in every city; portals to Stormwind and Orgrimmar in Dalaran, Shattrath and just the other side of the Dark Portal; Portals in Darnassus and Exodar between each other; portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar to the 80-85 zones and back.

There are some others for instances, PvP, etc. but these aren't really relevant for levelling.

I thought the guides directed you to Zeps/boats and portals when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
        Are there that many portals in Azeroth since Cataclysm? As far as I am aware, there are portals to the Dark Portal in every city; portals to Stormwind and Orgrimmar in Dalaran, Shattrath and just the other side of the Dark Portal; Portals in Darnassus and Exodar between each other; portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar to the 80-85 zones and back.

There are some others for instances, PvP, etc. but these aren't really relevant for levelling.

I thought the guides directed you to Zeps/boats and portals when necessary.
        While playing the game, using both Zygor and Carbonite, I've found it extremely difficult to get to 'primary' locations easily. To me, it's a convoluted procedure to get to THE CLOSEST CITY where I can find:

* Class Trainer upgrades
        * Profession Trainer to upgrade.
        * Auction House and/or Banks

It is far from intuitve to get to any of those with on-screen, links/icons/ZYGOR/ or Carbonite.

Let's forget about Blizzard itself, which is TOTALLY LAME at helping users!

I'm very dismayed that trying to accomplish the most simplest of tasks is such a nightmare.

Trying to find the appropriate trainer for anything is totally impossible with Blizzards's obscure (and lazy!) directions. It's their game, but as of this date, the best they chose to do (to find a 'Trainer', or whatever, is to have their Guards merely say "I'll put a red spot on your map!"

To me, that absolute BS. The artwork for the city layouts is so rediculous, that we have to spend hours, runnning up and down, finding dead-ends, asking other players where the F^(^ -- can I find so-and-so!

It's stupid, and lazy on the part of Blizzard. IT'S THEIR GAME.... YET, THEY MAKE PLAYING IT A REDICULOUS MAZE! Totally sadistic and bizarre on their part.

I love the game, but some of the Developers are out of touch with reality (IMO).

Comment

I've personally never had an issue following a guard's directions - there's a little red flag on the minimap and a gold arrow showing you the direction to travel. I don't know what could be clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
            I've personally never had an issue following a guard's directions - there's a little red flag on the minimap and a gold arrow showing you the direction to travel. I don't know what could be clearer.
            Yes, I understand that you have no problems. But, let me ask this:

Have you ever entered cities like Orgrimmar (sp?), and others where the Blizzard graphics are so bizzarre, that you cannot tell if the floor you're walking on is an actual 'floor' or some acid-trip the artist was on?

Here's my main complaint about the "Guards" directions:

The silly dummy's reply with ONLY "I'll put a red dot on your map." -- That is LAZINESS AND NONSENSE on the part of Blizzard! How are we (players) expected to know PRECISELY where that Guard was reffering to? Was it UPSTAIRS (and, how far?), DOWNSTAIRS (and, how far?), WHICH G-DMNED BLDG IT'S IN??, .... etc.

-- Question to mzander:

Have you ever been working on a quest, in some obsure part of the world, and then wanted to [get to] the CLOSEST Trainer for any of your Professions, Char-Trainers, Auctioneers, Bankers, etc.?

What is your method of flying/Portals/Boats, etc. to Travel EASILY from where you are at the moment, to THE CLOSEST place that will allow you to find Trainers, of your Class?

Where should I look on my screen display to find the PATH to the CLOSEST (of those that I'm seeking)?

So far, to me, it's been a nightmare! Once I've arrived at a Trainer or Auction House, or Bank, ... there's no easy way to return to where I departed from. --- It should be nearly "automatic," yet, I've seldom found it to be true.

I spend wasted hours trying to do things that should be very simple. I dont' know if it's Zygor's failure, or Blizzards, but it certainly leave this topic open to discusssion.

Zygor Guides, unlike Thotbott (sp?) DOES NOT HELP USERS WITH THESE KIND OF ISSUES.
            Last edited by kreelor; March 16, 2012, 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

Comment

OK, settle down - it's just a game

Yes, I am frequently in Orgrimmar and have not had the issues that you appear to have. It's clear from the minimap (especially if you zoom in) which building the trainer is in. Granted it doesn't show you which floor, but this is something you only have to find out once and then you'll know for future occasions.

I'm really not sure what you want the guard to do when you ask for a location - take you there him/herself?

Comment

Working...
              X