No announcement yet.

Disappointed in D3 guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I am waiting most is AH/farm/money/craft/gear guide - it will still be actual at the end of June If this thing will never appear I will be disappointed as well

Comment

Love the WOW interactive guides but not impressed with the D3 web only view. PM sent and refund requested and waiting.

Comment

The only D3 guides that dont suck entirely are the ones on youtube. Inferno Codex was the same way.

Comment

I agree that most of the content is lacking, but I still find it to be a generally good guide overall. A game this size doesn't take a team overnight to come out with a guide that is top quality. This is no knock on the folks that are genuinely disappointed, as I can easily see where you're coming from. Consider though, even the Brady Games guide is lacking, and with (what I believe, anyway) no way of getting updates to their patrons via a paper guide books, Zygor still has the opportunity to hammer out new details on a somewhat regular basis.

I believe their WoW guide started the same way (namely the dungeons and gear guide), but over time, they've never failed to put out a product that's top-notch. Regardless of what happens, I won't be asking for a refund, but I'm definitely chomping at the bits to get some updated stuff. =) I hope you all give them a good chance to make the guide into something you can fully appreciate.

...jeez, I just sounded like a sales pitcher, huh??

Comment

I would appreciate Inferno tips, among other advanced topics.

Comment

there should also be an offline guide, i wont mind logging in all the time but its a lot better when i add the files on my tablet or something and view it there.

Comment

Zygor people, are you ever going to update or finish this guide!?!?!?!?

Comment

The team are adding new content to the guide quite often.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Really nothing of substance has been added since mid June. The power leveling section used to say coming soon, now it has been removed completely. The high level builds have not been updated to account for nerfs/buffs. I would like to see farming runs, up to date builds, a stat guide that is up to date, and a power leveling section soon. I'm sure I'm outside the refund window, but I'm waiting to see if I'm a sucker or not for having faith. Perhaps having all the edits/updates actually in the change log will help show progress.

Comment

Your WoW guide is amazing... maybe you should have whoever works on that guide to switch to D3 for a while. I could have made this entire guide using Wordpress in about 6 hours. If you're going to charge money, at least make the content something non-resembling a complete slap in the face. I know you'll do a better job on this, but when? I have no idea.

Comment

Imho, Zygor underestimated the work needed to keep up with Blizzards-Patches to D3.
                        Also, they took the wrong "approach" since a walkthrough-guide is simply not necessary for a total linear game like D3.
                        Finally, it took them to long to finally recognise what the "core" of such guide should be (best skill-mix & equipment inkl. jewelry per class and where to find it, power-leveling routes, Goldruns,....) and now you can find all these and much more for free on the net incl. Videos, Step-per-Step instructions etc..
                        I think that Zygor will learn much from this "desaster" and will think twice prior releasing a new guide for a new game, but thanks to that experience with the D3-guide it will be a much better guide from the start.
                        Also, i still hope that they will update the D3-guide to be a "one-stop-for-all" and you do not have to search the net for these informations, but it will still take a while...
                        To all the ppl which complain about the costs of the guide, you simply received what was advertised for your money !
                        Only cause you expected more/other content does not mean its a rip-off !

Comment

Originally posted by forwarder78 View Post
                          To all the ppl which complain about the costs of the guide, you simply received what was advertised for your money ! Only cause you expected more/other content does not mean its a rip-off !
                          But is there anything that you would be taking reference from the guide? I am not expecting more but the fact that it has been like no update is grossly undermining.
                          Last edited by kcirtap; July 16, 2012, 08:40 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Sadly, I must agree. After having such a great experience with the WoW guide, I spent the money expecting the same great quality. Instead, it remains an incomplete and inaccurate guide. Following their tips on leveling build for a character, I could not get even close to defeating one of bosses after numerous attempts. I then resorted to a search on the net and within minutes found a much better free guide with a build that had me flying through levels.

A refund or discount on new WoW update would be the right thing to do. And a promise to never put out an inferior product like the D3 guide again.

Comment

Working...
                            X