Profession Guide Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profession Guide Levels

I'm wondering, is the profession guide sensitive to the player level? I don't have any high level characters in Wow and was wondering if it is worth getting this guide or wait till I have a high level character?

Thanks!

In general it's always easier to wait until you're max level before starting professions. They tend to cost a lot of gold and this is something that's much easier to acquire at the higher levels.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

In additon to what Cabby said there are level requirements for the professions.
      For gathering professions it's:
      150-225: level 10
      225-300: level 25
      300-375: level 40
      375-450: level 55
      450-525: level 75

For crafting professions it's:
      75-150: level 10
      150-225: level 20
      225-300: level 35
      300-375: level 50
      375-450: level 65
      450-525: level 75

I recommend you get two gathering professions first and collect everything you come across and store it for crafting professions or sell it for gold as for most crafting professions you still need to buy some stuff from the AH unless you want to farm lots of materials.
      Only for enchanting it is good to start with it right from the beginning as you need enchanting to disenchant quest reward items you don't need.

Comment

To add to *all that* <waves hand in a circle> create yourself a "bank toon" and populate that toon and its bank with Netherweave Bags as soon as possible. That way, you'll have a large stash to put stuff in and not have to worry about bag-space in the toon you are actually interested in leveling.

So, as you collect stuff, mail it to your bank toon. You'll be able to level your main AND still collect new mats.

Comment

If you're going that far as to create an AH/banking toon, create a guild with that toon and then remove all guild members once it's formed. The guild bank can hold a lot of items without the need for bags. Only a few thousand gold will get you 2 extra bank tabs which will pretty much be triple the amount of room you have in your regular bank with all netherweave bags. Just be sure that when you're begging for guild signatures that you tell the people it will be for a banking guild and all members will be removed once the guild is formed.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Oh, Yeah! Forgot about that. I've done that, too! LOL Problem is, getting more than 2 or 3 guild tabs get *very* pricey. It begins to make it not worth it unless you're one of those type of people that likes to gather tonnes of mats then sell them on the AH.

I have a friend who collects Small Eggs and other 'World Event' mats then sells them when they're needed most by people looking to get achievements. He makes serious bank doing that. Too tedious for me, though.

To cut down on the costs of the guild tabs I created a guild with my brother and we shared the costs. He gets a couple tabs, I get a couple tabs.

The only problem with this approach is that you *cannot* place soul-bound items inside.

PEACE!

Comment

Working...
            X