Pet Action bar issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Action bar issue

So I just started playing a hunter I created about a year ago and I noticed that my action bar for the attacks is not showing up at all. People in game have said that my addon (this guide) could be the problem. Anyone run into this before? If so how do you fix it? Thanks.

No issues with any of my hunters.

What level are you?
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Just hit level 30

Comment

I also never had such an issue with the guide so I expect another addon to cause the problem.
        You can disable only the guide in the addons window in the character selection screen and see what happens then. If the problem still persists you need to disable your other addons and enable them one by one to find out which one is causing your problems.
        If disabling the guide helps disable all addons except the guide, maybe it's an addon conflict.

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely not the guide. We do not do anything with any of the Blizzard frames that would cause this type of issue. There are a lot of different addons out there (like Bartender) that will hide the normal Blizzard bars in order to display their own. If you had any of these in the past and un-installed them there's a possibility that something didn't get reset properly causing the pet bar to be missing. Try going to your WoW/Interface/AddOns folder and delete the Blizzard_ folders to see if that might reset the default Blizzard frames and get the pet bar to show. If that doesn't work you might have to go into your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/ folder, find the server and character name, and then delete all the files in there for that character to get it to reset.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you are running a bar addon, like Bartender4, make sure the pet bar is selected.

Keep us up-to-date so we know whats going on, please.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I'm not running any bar addons at all and I don't believe I have in the past. I'm going to try what cabby suggested and I'll see if that works. Thanks for the help though

Comment

For some reason I cannot find the WoW files on my computer. They are not even under program files

Comment

Try looking in C:\Users\Public\Games

Comment

I think I've decided that I will just start a new hunter. The first way didn't work and rather than reset this hunter I'll just create a new one and see. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

I created a new hunter and it still isn't showing up. Unless there is a certain level where it is supposed to show up but I don't think there is. I guess I'm never playing hunter any more

Comment

You have to be level 10 for it to show up I think.

Either way something is wrong with your WoW installation if it's not showing up on the new hunter.

Tonight while you're sleeping try a new installation of WoW in a different folder or drive. By doing it while you're sleeping then the long download for it won't affect your game time.

If a new installation of WoW works and gets the pet bar back then you can start to re-install all of your addons to the new WoW location and everything should continue to work fine that way.

Comment

But first make sure that it's not a problem with an addon by disabling all addons.

Comment

So I decided to look at some of my other characters I have on different servers than my main one where I am having this issue. On all the other servers where I have Locks and Hunters the pet action bar shows up. My main server where I am having this issue is Kil'Jaeden if anyone else is on it.

Comment

I finally figured it out everyone. I am completely stupid! Apparently I never bought the skill "Control Pet" where I get the action bar -_- A total DERP moment! Sorry for wasting your time

Comment

Working...
                              X