Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0.4 Released Today

Two Questions:

1. When running the upgrade getting an error. It looks like they changed the Launcher name. Is a fix coming today?

2. Is leveling talent recommendation been updated with 5.0.4 in mind, since they change them completely?

Thanks

We just found out about the new launcher name. This is something you can fix quickly on your own. Run the Updater and go into the Settings. In the 2nd box leave everything the same except for the very end. Replace "Launcher.exe" with "World of Warcraft Launcher.exe" without the quotes of course. If needed, to prevent the Updater from trying to auto-launch WoW and give a ton of error messages, when the small window opens with the 3 second countdown click on the Abort button.

We will be updating the Talent Advisor along with the Guide Viewer and have them released to the Updater today.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My Launcher will not stay up. it disappears after running a check. So i can not acces the full features of the Zygor launcher such as the settings, repair, and referesh options.

Never mind just checked my e-mail. Thanks for the quick response and help. oh and i can confirm that cabby's response does work.

Comment

Originally posted by jd_7725 View Post
        My Launcher will not stay up. it disappears after running a check. So i can not acces the full features of the Zygor launcher such as the settings, repair, and referesh options.

Never mind just checked my e-mail. Thanks for the quick response and help. oh and i can confirm that cabby's response does work.
        Hold Left Shift when launching the Updater.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Also of note is that Pin to Taskbar doesn't work for World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
            Also of note is that Pin to Taskbar doesn't work for World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
            Yes it does, you need to unpin the old one, load the new one, and pin the new one. Thats normal when an app changes and icon for any reason. When pin something, all your doing is adding a link to an icon that loads the app, if the app changes anything, like the name of the app, the link becomes useless.

That was Dr Rogers lesson of the day

Comment

Wow is to post to be up at 3pm CST. Where you able to update the talents?

Comment

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...Now-Available!

Comment

Originally posted by gutkin View Post
                  Yes it does, you need to unpin the old one, load the new one, and pin the new one. Thats normal when an app changes and icon for any reason. When pin something, all your doing is adding a link to an icon that loads the app, if the app changes anything, like the name of the app, the link becomes useless.

That was Dr Rogers lesson of the day
                  I did unpin the old. Problem was I had to launch it then Pin. Which is strange because I've never had to do that before. All others I've pined I've just right click and pined and it worked.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Ok this sucks I get a loooong list of errors and no way to clear them other then C ALT D the guide. When I do that I can not change the settings HELP

Comment

Originally posted by destal View Post
                      Ok this sucks I get a loooong list of errors and no way to clear them other then C ALT D the guide. When I do that I can not change the settings HELP
                      Hold the Shift key on your keyword when starting the Zygor client. This will disable the auto-load feature and allow you to enter the Settings menu and make the change.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

EDIT:nevermind, I hit the abort button :P

Comment

Blizzard renamed the Launcher.exe file. The following steps should get the Updater fixed for you.

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort in the small window if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW)
                          2. Click Settings
                          3. In the 2nd box go to the very end of the line and change it from Launcher.exe to World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
                          4. Click OK

Comment

Actually holding down the shift key does absolutely nothing. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by yiannid View Post
                              Actually holding down the shift key does absolutely nothing. Help!
                              Sorry, my mistake! Please follow cabby's direction here:

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                              Blizzard renamed the Launcher.exe file. The following steps should get the Updater fixed for you.

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort in the small window if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW)
                              2. Click Settings
                              3. In the 2nd box go to the very end of the line and change it from Launcher.exe to World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
                              4. Click OK
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                              X