No REAL support for Heirloom leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No REAL support for Heirloom leveling

I know, I know, the Zygor Guide allows you to skip quests and load new zones if you advance too fast, but that is NOT the same as a leveling guide designed specifically for characters with full Heirlooms. Let me explain:

As I leveled my Pally tank I noticed I could solo anything up to 3 levels ahead of me, including mobs up to 15 enemies strong. It was ridiculously OP. The guide told me to do all these long, boring, and tedious quests at around lvl 70 and I just couldn't handle it anymore. I could easily be doing the quests that solo bosses, or the "Ring of Blood" type quests which I soloed as a pally tank, and of which was NOT EVEN INCLUDED in the guide. I leveled faster doing the WANTED quests, the hard solo bosses quests, and the "Ring of Blood" type quests than using the Zygor Guide. This is annoying, and it made me feel like there were many other quests the guide didn't include simply because it wasn't taking into account my OP gear and skill. I ended up never using Zygor again, since I was leveling much faster through dungeons and the "hard" quests mentioned above. I started on Friday and by Sunday I had leveled from 70 to 85. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, I have talked to many people and I hear the same story from their side. I'f I'm going to pay for a Guide, it might as well work properly, not send me on some looting quests where the drop rate is mediocre, or the quest giver goes off into some long spiel, or the locations of the subsequent quests are spaced apart, or etc...

There are free guides that do pretty much what Zygor does, so unless there is a Heirloom feature, I'm definitely not upgrading it for MOP.

How do you all feel about asking Zygor to make a guide with the option to include a full heirloom feature?

There's no way for a guide to determine the quality of a player. Only because some players can solo everything you cannot tell everyone to do group quests or dungeons as this would cause many WoW beginners to fail. Remember, by doing dungeons you got better gear than someone who is only questing.

And there are even people out there that want to see the content and not farm dungeons only.

The guide is a leveling guide by questing. This is still a good way to level a character and many people enjoy leveling by questing. If you don't no leveling guide will be suitable for your needs.

Comment

If you are looking for a guide for heirlooms or heirloom leveling, then this is not the guide for you, trxt3r. There are many guides out there that can claim to help with that specific detail in mind, but that is for you to determine. Your best bet is to search for it. I realize that I may be biting off more than I can chew, but I am not a person who can communicate my feelings accurately. I only know that this guide, while not suitable for heirlooms, is the best guide out there for leveling and other aspects of the game.
      My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

I promptly expect this post to be deleted as it's going to be harsh.
        @trxt3r: You're whining and crying b/c you played an OP character with heirlooms. It's not enough that it was a pally tank, but you had to add the heirlooms to boot and you expected the guide to keep up when it's designed to help those who have trouble leveling quickly or don't have a lot of play time to do so. How about trying that same thing with a non-tank class? No? You think you're good with a pally b/c you can solo the group quests? And then whine about being able to do so? Wow. *golf clap* Once I hit 15 on my tank pally, I solo'd dungeons. That's right, you read correctly. I solo'd dungeons. Wanna know what gear I used? Stuff I picked up along the way. You think you're skilled b/c you can do what you done? You think you're entitled to whine and cry b/c the guide didn't make things challenging for you? I've been playing since vanilla and since then, Paladins have been the most OP class in the game. They are the easiest to play, easiest to gear. The list goes on. The primary purpose of the guides is to get you to level 85 the quickest and most efficient way while keeping minimal player skill in mind. Yes, that means if you can read and understand how to push buttons on a screen, the guides will take you to level 85. They weren't designed for veteran players but you don't see us, the real vets, crying about it b/c our skill out does the guides. Out of all the posts I've seen on this forum about people complaining on portions of the guides they didn't like, this one takes the cake. 9 times out of 10, the team bends over backwards to help all the members here who make requests that could better the guides. I've even seen them cave under pressure over pricing just to make the majority of people happy. But saying there's no REAL support for heirlooms? You need to rethink things. Next time you want to complain about playing an OP toon to max level far faster than the path the guide had set for you, keep in mind your gear and how long you've been playing before you post on here ranting. Oh, and before you want to think you've got skill, keep in mind, I solo'd dungeons from 15 to 85 on my pally in sub par gear. I farm lvl 80 heroics without batting an eye. And guess what, there are players whose skill dwarfs my own. Surely you've seen the video of the lvl 80 DK who solo'd the LK? If not, you should youtube it. That was done before cata came out. It's legit. That was a mix of skill and laughing at some of the fight mechanics. Was still done and worth bragging rights. Leveling to 85 on a tank pally wearing heirlooms, soloing group quests, sometimes taking on 15 mobs at once? Yea, not exactly brag worthy. When you take on 7 or 8 elites that are your level all at once, that can be bragged on.

Comment

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
            That made me chuckle. Well played.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
              Dunno who it's meant for but it's funny and I agree with Kam, well played. o7

Comment

Here's one for Kam.
                http://xkcd.com/262/
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The main reason of this guide is for levelling characetrs from 1-85 in optimal time without heirlooms. For you to get any hard mobs to kill you would need to go to zones with quests that you cannot pick up, so it sort of defeats the object of using a levelling guide imo.
                  ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

The giude in my opinion have a better questing path then other guides, it allow some time saving and is worth using. Still it could be a good idea to add an alternative skip system for heirlooms. e.g. skip from Elwyn to Westfall at level 9, from Westfall to Redridge at level 14, from Northern Stranglethorn to the Cape at level 29, from the Eastern Kingdoms to Outlands at level 58 and so on. I suppose everyone whith herlooms can do that easy. I choose low level zones as example so the leveling time you save for these zones is small, but if you skip to the next zone earlier from level 1 to 85 there will be a good saving time. One can do that manually but an automated skip in my opinion would be good.
                    I will probably add this in the sugestions.

Comment

If this was to happen you would 7 times out of ten miss the breadcrumb quests that take you into the next zone. The Elwynn forest breadcrumb quest for example is behind Hoggerwhich you dont get until the very end of the zone. The only other thing I suggest is just use dungeon finder to level your characters.
                      ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

Breadcrumb quests appear to be optional now, though. You can still go to a new zone, once you're the appropriate level, and the quests should be available. All the breadcrumb quest does is link the lore and give you a (very) small amount of XP.

Comment

Breadcrumb quests can also be vital to get for when you want to work on the Loremaster title later on. They count toward Loremaster, but once you skip them and start doing other quests at the hub they send you to then you can't get it anymore and that means one more quest you have to find a substitute for.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Good point, Cabby.

Comment

I don't think Breadcrumb quests are really useful for the loremaster zones achievements. The number of quest you need for a zone achievement is always smaller the quests in the guide for that zone. The loremaster guide works fine whitout the breadcumb quests, which is useful for lore only.

Comment

Working...
                              X