Zygor Updater Error Zero Byte Resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Updater Error Zero Byte Resource

the version of the updator I ahve been using for a week or so (mac 10.7.5) puts up an error that says Zero Byte Resourcce each time it is launched

in the past you could could hit the OK button and the application would work ok now when you pass it to the updater window the your account window says

Welcome (null)!

Available Products:

rather than the user ID and the list of zygor products that one can use it also says Current Version 3.3.4853 and there is a new version of the guided available and if you hit the update button all you get is the Upgrade ZG Updater and under that Downloading update ... and under that a gray spinning barber pole and nothing is downloaded.

I am guessing that tis is in some way related to updates being issued today but perhaps it should be putting something in the empty news windoid of the updater explaining what is going on and an estimate of when it will all be ready for use?

Cheers
    Ulst
    30 Min Later and the same as above but now the grey and white spinning barber pole is now Blue and white but still nothing is happening it just sits and spins

Excessive server load is causing the problem with updating. The zero byte error is a cosmetic bug preventing the updater from displaying the news at the top and the picture on the left.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

OK after 6 hours of trying I at last got it to update.... I know this is due to major changes that are needed due to the WoW expansion.... but it would be nice if perhaps yu could work with your ISP to allocate you extra bandwidth for these sorts of events....

and while cosmetic the zero byte error is a bit sloppy looking for such a polished product as the Zygor guides

just 6 1/2 hours till I get to make my Panda Monk Lu-Tze The Sweeper and start hinting for quest givers under the seething mass of other new Pandas who have him somewhere under the pile.

Cheers

Comment

Here's a little trick for when you need to click something or find an NPC under the masses of fat pandas.

Go into your graphics options and set it to very low quality for everything and apply the change. Then go back into the options and set it to the highest options you can. When you apply that you'll have a small window of opportunity to click what you need to as the game tries to draw all of the other players.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

With the "interact on leftclick" it shouldn't be such a big problem, if you turn on health bars for friendly units (SHIFT+V) you should be able to click the NPCs.
          If you turn off this leftclick interaction you can still assign a key to interacting with the target. This helped me out back inthe old days in Wintergrasp...

Comment

Working...
          X