OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 problems after installing latest update 4.0.5125...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 problems after installing latest update 4.0.5125...

After installing the latest update 4.0.5125 today, I noticed 2 weird things within 5 minutes of playing.

1. The Zygor Viewer now has to be reconfigured completely to my desired settings. They don't seem to have been retained after installing the latest update.

2. Instead of my Zygor Leveling Guide viewer opening up by default, somehow the "Battle Pet Guide" (trial? since I haven't purchased it) opened up at Step 1. Capture a Rabbit in Elwynn.

I went to where the guide suggested, captured a Rabbit, but the guide will not allow me to progress to Step 2. It's stuck on Step 1, and is check-marked as completed (green).

Note: I was in such a hurry, I made too many typo's on my picture's capture. Gee-whiz! Sorry.
    viewer not progressing to next step.jpg

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
    After installing the latest update 4.0.5125 today, I noticed 2 weird things within 5 minutes of playing.

1. The Zygor Viewer now has to be reconfigured completely to my desired settings. They don't seem to have been retained after installing the latest update.

2. Instead of my Zygor Leveling Guide viewer opening up by default, somehow the "Battle Pet Guide" (trial? since I haven't purchased it) opened up at Step 1. Capture a Rabbit in Elwynn.

I went to where the guide suggested, captured a Rabbit, but the guide will not allow me to progress to Step 2. It's stuck on Step 1, and is check-marked as completed (green).

Note: I was in such a hurry, I made too many typo's on my picture's capture. Gee-whiz! Sorry.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]891[/ATTACH]
    In terms of number 2, there is only one step in the rabbit guide. Each different pet has a different guide, most using only one step. The green obtained means the guide is complete.

Comment

So, it's totally unlike the rest of the Zygor Leveling Guide "Steps"?

What am I supposed to do now that there are no other guide steps to follow? It's stuck on Step #1, as I said.

Comment

Click the drop down arrow to open the guide selection window and pick a different guide.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sorry, but to me that's the equivalent of having a Leveling guide that allows a user to complete only 1 quest at a time, then telling the user to load a different guide to do another single quest.

If that's all there is to the 'battle-pet' guide, I don't see any value in it. Plus, there are so many other features missing that I would have liked to have seen. Just a couple simple ones would have been the ability to sort on only the Zygor-suggested icons (to eliminate all the rest of the ones from the list. At least, the Zygor ones would all be grouped). And, instead of alphabetically, Zygor could have arranged the list (or the 'guide' itself!) so that after completing the first one, the second one would be at least nearby, etc. Or, somehow find the next logical pet to battle that would allow users to stand a chance of victory and their own pet's level-ups.

If it is actually a "Guide," I don't see why it doesn't help users to find and then level their battle-pets in a fluid, contiguous manner. To me, it's confusing and hardly worth the effort. Even after completing each of Zygor's individual "guides," the main list of of the pets continue to show that "Zygor recommends the same ones again." Why doesn't the list indicated that they've been completed? Otherwise, it's too easy to repeat the same 'quest' without gaining anything of value.

I don't know what the purpose of this 'guide' is. Granted, I haven't yet fully understood the whole 'battle-pet' thing, anyway. Blizzard, once again, was very lame in providing in-game instructions, suggestions, a procedural overview of what is expected and achievable, and more. Oh, well.

Comment

The battle pet quest line guide is a single guide with over 400 lines of code. I assume that the mentioned one step guide is some sort of leftover from a trial version of the guide.

Comment

If that's all there is to the 'battle-pet' guide, I don't see any value in it.
              In the screenshot you posted, it looks like you loaded the guide for obtaing a basic rabbit pet. Thus, the guide instructs you on how to obtain said pet. I suppose we could add in a message that says "you've completed the guide". There isn't any more steps needed once you've completed the central goal of that guide. We do have a full Battle Pet Questline guide that walks you through a series of quests related to pets, but that's not what you have loaded in the screenshot.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Reference my original post:

Comment

Just curious. I don't believe I've paid for the guide for mounts and pets, but the guide is NOT a step 1-whatever of how to obtain all of the basic pets? Each pet has a 1 step guide?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                    In the screenshot you posted, it looks like you loaded the guide for obtaing a basic rabbit pet. Thus, the guide instructs you on how to obtain said pet. I suppose we could add in a message that says "you've completed the guide". There isn't any more steps needed once you've completed the central goal of that guide. We do have a full Battle Pet Questline guide that walks you through a series of quests related to pets, but that's not what you have loaded in the screenshot.
                    As I mentioned before, I'm using the Trial version, and it already says "you've completed the guide."

"full Battle Pet Questline guide?" -- I have never seen that. I just now watched your website video again, and from what I can tell from it, is that the 'guide' is basically a "Battle Pet Locator," and probably could have been named that way. I saw nothing about an actual guide, where more than one step at a time (beyond merely finding/buying a pet) is used.

Did I miss it somewhere? I kind of expected that the Trial version would be identical to the Full version, with some sort of limitation to it, like the number of quests being limited to 10, or whatever. But, the trial version I'm using doesn't do what you mentioned about the full version. Got a link to where I can read/view more about the full version, please?

Thanks!

Comment

There is a full guide that takes you from learning the skill all the way thru going to all of the various pet trainers thru-out the land to battle them Pok-e-mon style.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Got a link to where I can read/view more about the full version, please?
                        Pets and Mount Guide Includes:

192+ Battle Pets Guides (These are short guides that show you how to obtain each pet. Some guides are longer than others)
                        184+ Mounts Guides (These are short guides that show you how to obtain each mount. Some guides are longer than others)
                        375 Hunter Pets Guides (These are short guides that show you how to obtain each pet. Some guides are longer than others)

Battle Pet Questline Guide (This guide walks you through the Battle Pet quests.)
                        Pet Battle HUD (This is an component of the addon that gives you extra Heads Up Display info on the current battle.)
                        Creature Detector (This feature allows you to click on any pet or mount you see and instantly detect it and load the guide for obtaining it)

http://zygorguides.com/guides/wow/pets-mounts
                        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                          Battle Pet Questline Guide (This guide walks you through the Battle Pet quests.)
                          Pet Battle HUD (This is an component of the addon that gives you extra Heads Up Display info on the current battle.)
                          Creature Detector (This feature allows you to click on any pet or mount you see and instantly detect it and load the guide for obtaining it)

http://zygorguides.com/guides/wow/pets-mounts
                          I suppose I was looking for a trial version of the (Questline Guide), the one you just now mentioned above), since it's the version you sell.

You don't sell the offered 'trial guide' that I am using (which does not have the features I was hoping to try out), therefore it isn't really a trial of the Questline Guide that I'd have to pay $50.00 for. From what I understand, they are two different guides; one is a single-step and incomplete guide, and the other supposedly performs more like the Zygor Leveling Guide. None of that is clear on the website or in the video, and this is the first time I've understood it here on this forum.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

The "single step and incomplete guides" that you refer to are not incomplete, they are just short guides. There is no reason to make these guides have 10 steps when they only need a single step to accomplish the task that they are meant for, catching a pet.

Which features were you hoping to try out? You can test out all of the features that our Pet system has to offer with just the trial guides.

If you enter a pet battle, you will see the Pet Battle HUD with all the information you need to win every battle.

If you open up the Pet Journal, you will see the Zygor Icon on the pets that are available through the trial guides.

When you target a person that is riding a mount that is available through the Trial system, or a pet that is in the trial guides, then the Creature Detector icon will appear on the target frame. ***Must be using Blizzard UI at the moment for this, working on the fix.***

The last two features will work fine with trial guides, you are just limited by the number of guides that you own. Imagine your Pet Journal having a Zygor Icon next to every pet, or every time you targeted a person or pet, the Creature Detector Icon would appear. That is what would happen with the full Pets and Mounts guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 2 View Post
                              The "single step and incomplete guides" that you refer to are not incomplete, they are just short guides. There is no reason to make these guides have 10 steps when they only need a single step to accomplish the task that they are meant for, catching a pet.

Which features were you hoping to try out?
                              If that is true, and I'm sure it is because it's exactly how it's working, then what exactly did you mean when you said:

What I wanted to try (hence the word "Trial") was the actual guide I would be paying for. I'm referring to the one that 'guides' users continually (or, "walks you through" as you said) as they kill/trap their very 1st level 1 pet until they get more or better, higher-level pets --- just like the Zygor Leveling Guide does for character leveling. I thought I was clear, but maybe I wasn't. I hope this is more clear.

Even Joshy (who posted earlier) said basically the same thing I also want to know. He may not have worded it as I would have, but I understand his confusion.
                              Joshy said: "I don't believe I've paid for the guide for mounts and pets, but the guide is NOT a step 1-whatever of how to obtain all of the basic pets? Each pet has a 1 step guide?"
                              I appreciate your replies!

Comment

Working...
                              X