Those without a PC/Mac that play WoW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those without a PC/Mac that play WoW

If you have auctions, like I do, but don't have access to the AH in game (no comp/insufficient comp), you can use the Remote AH on the main WoW site.
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

I'm confused... how are you accessing the website without a PC? Smartphone? In this case, there is an app for the Remote AH. Also, regarding your avatar... nice
    "There will always be a derelict building. Moments come and go - explore them while you can"

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
      If you have auctions, like I do, but don't have access to the AH in game (no comp/insufficient comp), you can use the Remote AH on the main WoW site.
      How can you play WoW without a PC/Mac?

Comment

You can post auctions, relist items and claim gold on the Remote AH.
        "There will always be a derelict building. Moments come and go - explore them while you can"

Comment

Originally posted by mikestormxs View Post
          You can post auctions, relist items and claim gold on the Remote AH.
          I know But if you don't have a Mac/PC surely you wouldn't be playing WoW in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
            I know But if you don't have a Mac/PC surely you wouldn't be playing WoW in the first place?
            You could go on holiday and still manage your auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
              You could go on holiday and still manage your auctions.
              I've better things to do on holiday than play WoW

Comment

Yes, but you won't be playing WoW :P besides, are you saying that you wouldn't want to tell your guild how awesome the Caribbean is on holiday? :P

Comment

I've better things to do on holiday than play WoW
                  Yeah, not quite the point.

Most people don't spend 24 hours a day 7days a week on holiday "doing things". They sit down to eat, they relax for a bit before or after going out to whereever they are going that day. All it takes is 5 minutes to use the iPhone/Android App, or the website, to check auctions, retrieve gold, post auctions.You could do it while you are eatting if you wanted to. If you're not driving, someone else is, you could use your smart phone to check auctions and all that much in the same way you'd check e-mail. Maybe you're not much of a book person, and don't watch DVDs/movies and while you're laying in bed, winding down for the night you could spend 5 minutes checking auctions and doing all those minor things. You could be waiting for a ferry or train or whatever and check your auctions rather than your email. You could be waiting for your food to come out at a restaurant (Most places take half an hour after you order >.<).

Just a few ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
                    Yeah, not quite the point.

Most people don't spend 24 hours a day 7days a week on holiday "doing things". They sit down to eat, they relax for a bit before or after going out to whereever they are going that day. All it takes is 5 minutes to use the iPhone/Android App, or the website, to check auctions, retrieve gold, post auctions.You could do it while you are eatting if you wanted to. If you're not driving, someone else is, you could use your smart phone to check auctions and all that much in the same way you'd check e-mail. Maybe you're not much of a book person, and don't watch DVDs/movies and while you're laying in bed, winding down for the night you could spend 5 minutes checking auctions and doing all those minor things. You could be waiting for a ferry or train or whatever and check your auctions rather than your email. You could be waiting for your food to come out at a restaurant (Most places take half an hour after you order >.<).

Just a few ideas.
                    So, who thinks we should start a thread entitled 'Interesting Places to use the WoW Armory App'? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by mikestormxs View Post
                      So, who thinks we should start a thread entitled 'Interesting Places to use the WoW Armory App'? LOL.
                      Or we could use this thread, which is already armory related, to talk about it

Comment

Nope, still not interested enough to spend time on the AH or talking to guildies when on holiday. And I certainly wouldn't get my phone out and start messing about on it while waiting for food in a restaurant. Different generation, I guess...

Comment

Nope, still not interested enough to spend time on the AH or talking to guildies when on holiday. And I certainly wouldn't get my phone out and start messing about on it while waiting for food in a restaurant. Different generation, I guess...
                          Each to their own, I guess.

I'm able to multitask and so I often check my auctions or e-mail while waiting for food at a restaurant and have a conversation. I don't go on holiday but if I did, those would be the times I'd use the app too.

It's not for everyone though. Those are just ideas where you might use it. Some people (Like you, I guess) may never touch the remote auction house system... and there's nothing wrong with that :P

Comment

Oh, I do use the remote AH and remote guild chat from my iPhone - just not when I'm on holiday

Comment

Working...
                            X