• Show
Clear All

Guides working together

Hi Zygor team,
    I've bought the following guides:
    Levelling & Loremaster
    Vanity Pets & Mounts
    Professions & Achievements

I hadn't realised that these guides worked completely independant of eachother. I was levelling in an area recommended by Zygor and was then directed to go elsewhere that would help me get better exp (using the Levelling guide) what I hadn't realised was that if I had stayed on that chain of quests, I would have been able to get this mount I wanted.

What would be awesome was if the Zygor system recognised what guides the user had purchased and made recommendations e.g. when it comes asking if you want to move on to the next area, it should also say "Note: Completing this quest chain gives you X iitem/mount - how do you wish to proceed?"

It then gives me the choice to either go with levelling or go after that mount I want. If I choose to go after the mount, Zygor should switch to the guide for that mount.

The Zygor system should ONLY do this based off the guides the user has purchased. e.g. in this situation I haven't bought the Titles guide, so while that quest chain might also give me a title, Zygor shouldn't tell me this cause I haven't purchased the Title guide.

Guess, what I'm saying, is if the guides could work together
    Last edited by asrafrate; October 3, 2012, 01:52 PM.

p.s. yes I know, I can always go back and complete that quest chain, but sometimes some things are more important than others. And hey, I'm a girl... I admit I want gorgeous flying mounts! Kinda depresses me when I see people at lower levels with better mounts than mine. I can only assume (or hope) that they're long time players who prob got those mounts on higher level characters... but thats just me trying to make myself feel better

Comment

Yes, with MoP most mounts are now account bound so they can get great looking mounts with a higher level character and use them on their low level characters.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I think I never stumbled across a mount that's a reward for a leveling quest line. Which mount do you mean?
        Also pets are very rare as a quest reward, I think I have two pets, the chicken from the distress beacon quests and there was a pet as a reward for a quest line in Feralas.

Due to the way the guides work it's currently not possible to change a leveling guide if the player has other guides.

Comment

There are quite a few great flying mounts you can get from Rep gains (Check the mounts guide section) but I don't recall any from a quest chain either.

Also pets are very rare as a quest reward, I think I have two pets, the chicken from the distress beacon quests and there was a pet as a reward for a quest line in Feralas.
          It's actually a lot more common than you think.At level 15, you can do some quests in Darkshore to get withers (Alliance only). At level 85 you can do some quests for the Darkspear (Either faction. Alliance starts it in Stormwind Harbour) to get a Panther Cub.

Just two off the top of my head :P

Comment

Not sure if it's still in, but there was a quest line you could do in Burning Steppes to get a flying pet. One of those that looks like a bee/firefly. That was Alliance only.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
              I think I never stumbled across a mount that's a reward for a leveling quest line. Which mount do you mean?

Due to the way the guides work it's currently not possible to change a leveling guide if the player has other guides.
              I just had a look though the mounts and pets section (Alliance). The Abyssal Seahorse is the only mount you can get from questing as far as I can see... and it's very early on in the leveling guide in question.

Comment

From my understanding, some pets and mounts you can only get if you've got rep with that faction.
                To GET rep you do certain quest lines?

Atleast that's how I understood it. I'm exhalted with Tranquillian and all I did was every quest available there. ALMOST Exalted with Silvermoon. I want exalted with Undercity so I can get that horse mount for example.

So if I was on a specific quest and there was a series that followed after, my request would be for Zygor guides to let me know my options based on the other guides I had bought instead of having the guides act as stand alones.

And here's me, a newbie to the game with crappy mounts XD
                Man. I wish I had started playing WoW sooner.
                Last edited by asrafrate; October 3, 2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

That reminds me... I bought the Alliance & Horde versions of the guides as I have a Night Elf Druid and a Blood Elf Mage. If I get an Alliance pet will I be able to use it on my Horde character?

Comment

I believe you can as most of them are account bound.

Comment

Originally posted by asrafrate View Post
                      That reminds me... I bought the Alliance & Horde versions of the guides as I have a Night Elf Druid and a Blood Elf Mage. If I get an Alliance pet will I be able to use it on my Horde character?
                      Depends. You can use the cats you buy at the crazyu cat lady outside Stormwind, but the Alliance Balloon is Alliance only.

Comment

There's a crazy cat lady!?! WHERE!!? XD

Comment

In Elwynn Forest just south of Northshire.

Comment

Thankyou Jason

Comment

Working...
                            X