Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRITICAL Error loading guide

Can you please help me?

I'm trying to start the guide for Argent Champion with the Dwarves and I'm seeing the following error even at start up as I first go in. Tried removing my only Zygor folder in AddOns and put a fresh copy in and it's the same problem. If I change to a different toon I get the same error after trying to navigate to the dailies in Northrend.

Zygor Guides Viewer: 4.0.5284

CRITICAL Error loading guide DAILIES\Northrend (70 - 80)\Icecrown\Crusader Title Guide (Unlocks More Dailies)\Dwarf Champion Rank

Error: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:781 attempt to index global 'guide' (a nil value)

Line: 117

Data: info The best strategy to defeat the Argent Champion is to always make sure your shield is up by using your Defend ability. Make sure your shield is stacked to 3 charges before you begin the fight.

Please let me know if you require any other bits of info.

Try exiting WoW and run the Updater. Now click Repair, then click Refresh, and finally click Install to install a fresh copy of the guides. See if that helps and allows the guide to load.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for responding.

I don't use the updater installer method, I install via the manual method. I have removed and copied in a new download of the guide, I have removed my whole WTF folder and I have disabled every other AddOn except Zygor and I still have the issue. Could you tell me what else the repair would do beyond what I have done?

Comment

You pretty much did what the repair would do. Let me see if I can reproduce this error in game.

Comment

Ok, reproduced it and here's what you can do for a quick fix until we get it updated.

Go to your WoW/Interface/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides/Dailies folder and open the ZygorDailiesAllianceCATA.lua file with your favorite text editor.

Search:
          info The best strategy to defeat the Argent Champion is to always make sure your shield is up by using your Defend ability. Make sure your shield is stacked to 3 charges before you begin the fight.
          info When the fight begins, immediately use your Charge ability on the Argent Champion. Stay in very close range and spam your Thrust ability. Remember to keep your shield maxed at 3 charges, also.
          info Eventually, the Argent Champion will try to run away to get into Charge range. When he starts to run away, start spamming your Charge ability until you charge him in the back, then get back into melee range and start spamming your Thrust ability again. Keep repeating this process until he is defeated.

Replace:
          tip The best strategy to defeat the Argent Champion is to always make sure your shield is up by using your Defend ability. Make sure your shield is stacked to 3 charges before you begin the fight.
          tip When the fight begins, immediately use your Charge ability on the Argent Champion. Stay in very close range and spam your Thrust ability. Remember to keep your shield maxed at 3 charges, also.
          tip Eventually, the Argent Champion will try to run away to get into Charge range. When he starts to run away, start spamming your Charge ability until you charge him in the back, then get back into melee range and start spamming your Thrust ability again. Keep repeating this process until he is defeated.

Now just save the file and go back in game.

Comment

You're a gem I'll implement the fix you have kindly detailed until there is an update.
            _____________________________________________________________________
            There are 10 types of people out there, those that know binary and those that don't!

Comment

This should be fixed in our update that will be released later today.

Comment

Working...
              X