Game locks up for One charactor on one realm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game locks up for One charactor on one realm

I have one character on Illidan and the game locks up as soon as the game loads. When I disable all add-ons but keep Zygor active, the game locks up. If I disable Zygor, the game loads fine, ever with all my other add-ons working.

However, I have a lot of toons on various servers and Zygor works on all of them except for my paladin on Illidan. I have already run a reinstall, deleted the savedvariables zygor content and still have this problem.

I am looking for suggestions for why this is happening on only one toon on once server. Thanks for reading...

Best regards,
    Krozthor

We are trying to track down this bug and we thought we had a fix for it. It's pretty rare but you should be able to work around it with the following steps. This will completely disable the gear suggestions for all of your characters which is where we believe the bug to be.

1. Go to your WoW/Interface/Addons/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides folder
    2. If the toon is Alliance open the ZygorIncludesAlliance.lua file, if it's Horde open the ZygorIncludesHorde.lua file (open with favorite text editor)
    3. Place the following line at the top of the file
    tinsert(ZGV.startups,function(self) ZGV.db.profile.autogear=false end)
    4. Save the file
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok That seems to have done the trick. Let me know if you make any progress with the issue or if you would like any info or support from me to help track down the bug. Thank you for your response.
      Krozthor

Comment

Cjtuzzo what version of the guide were you on? Were you on 5453?

Comment

I was using 4.0.5453. I should also add that I have had the issue for a few weeks now. But there were older versions that may have worked ok about 2 weeks ago. I update the guide at least once per day, if an update is available.
          Krozthor

Comment

I too am experiencing this issue. I'm on Version: 4.0.5488, I just popped on to see if this has been reported and it looks like you guys are on with it.

I love the gear suggestions too much to drop it for all toons so I'll leave everything in place and postpone levelling my pally till this is sorted. Just let me know if there is anything you need me to do/log/capture. I did the usual like disabling all other addons, removed WTF and a fresh download of the guide.

Details:
            Toon: 80 Paladin (Ret)
            Bags: No items in bags except gems, a Jewellers kit and a HS
            _____________________________________________________________________
            There are 10 types of people out there, those that know binary and those that don't!

Comment

Boyfrary, can you please see my post in the following thread and help us with testing to find this bug.
              http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...-loading-Zygor
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
              X