professions and achievements guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

professions and achievements guide

i purchased the professions and achievements guide and so far it is relatively good, the achievements guide is working perfectly but the professions guide is okay, well it is good at levelling your profession up but however the main reason why i bought the guide is because i wanted to make gold and Zygor say in their own words "With Zygor Professions Guides you'll utilize an exact method of gold-making Blizzard intended for the gameas opposed to disappointing gimmicks. well at the moment to me this is a bit of a
    gimmick because unless i have missed something it has an option saying farming and basically it will give you farming spots for mining, herblisim, skinning and finding cloth.
    and my proffessions are enchanting and jewlcrafting, and there are no options on how to make gold with the Zygor guides except to level it up 1-600 they need to tell us what it good to make also tell us where to get recipes for our professions. But i am rather disappointed at the moment in the gold making matter.

It's difficult to tell you what to make because each server has it's own unique economy. What we sells for good profit on one server might sell for a loss on another server. This is something that only you can determine by examining your server's market and knowing your server's economy. If you don't want to spend the time to learn your server's economy and market then using the professions will not really earn you much gold (even if we told you what was selling good today for your server) because the economy and market are always changing. We are also working on something for the recipes problem you have mentioned.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

so why is it that Zygor say "with Zygors Professions Guides, you'll utilize an exact method of gold-making Blizzard intended for the game, as opposed to disappointing gimmicks." there words not mine. Why would they say that and then not put it into the guide dont make a promise if you cant keep it, thats all im saying.

P.S. love your motto (i reject your reality and substitute my own) from myth busters aye?

Comment

The exact method of gold-making Blizzard intended for the game is for players to use the in-game professions to create and sell items to other players. As I pointed out previously, it's nearly impossible for us to tell you what to make due to the constant fluctuation in server economies and markets. So we do the next best thing we can, show you how to raise the professions to max skill so you can make use of them based on your server's current economy. There are a lot of gold making guides out there on the internet that will try to tell you what to make or what to go farm to sell, the main problem with those guides is that you pay money for them only to use their methods and find out that it's just not working for you because the items they tell you to make/farm just don't sell well on your server.

Here's a good example of what I mean. I have Alliance characters on one server and Horde characters on a different server. On the Alliance server most of the monk glyphs (inscription) sell for around 100g each, while on the Horde server they all sell for 20g or less.

Now suppose we were to tell you to make (for example) the monk Major Glyph of Touch of Death because we tell you that you can sell it for 200g (because that's what they sell for on our server). Now you like this idea because it's easy to make them so you make up 20 of the glyphs. Now you go to the AH to put them up for sale and you see they're only selling for 20g instead of 200g. There's a really good chance that at this point you'd be highly ticked off and start to blame us for giving you bad information. While the information that we provided is bad for you, it was a good recommendation for anyone on our server.

Now we write the guides so they can help everyone no matter what server they're on, so we really can't make any recommendations on what to sell since it's always different for each server. Now, while it would be nice to provide a list of items that would give the highest chance of selling well, there would be people that see the list and take it as gospel and then get upset because the list we provided doesn't work for them. So we're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. We've decided that for now the best course of action for us is to not provide any recommendations for what to sell as it's the lesser of two evils.

And yes, I'm a big fan of Mythbusters.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Good things to sell are always the top item enhancements.
          Those are needed by every class and often when gear is changed.
          Here's a list who can do what:
          Alchemy
          Transmutes, especially Living Steel
          Flasks that increase main stats by 1000 or 1500 ("Flask of Spring Blossoms")
          Potions that increase stats for a short amount of time ("Virmen's Bite", "Potion Of Mogu Power")

Blacksmithing
          Living Steel Belt Buckle

Enchanting
          Weapon Enchants ("Windsong")
          Check askmrrobot.com what they suggest for your class as gear enchants, those top enchants should work

Engineering
          Ghost Iron Dragonling and the Tinker's Gears
          Maybe Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom

Darkmoon Cards
          Glyphs (check guides which are most useful and check the AH for their availability)

Jewelcrafting
          Blue Pandaria main stat gems
          Check guides for other colors and meta gems that are needed for each class

Leatherworking
          Angerhide Leg Armor
          Ironscale Leg Armor
          Shadowleather Leg Armor

Tailoring
          Greater Cerulean Spellthread
          Greater Pearlescent Spellthread

As Cabby states the amount of gold you can make depends on the server economy. On a less populated server you can eventually make more money. And maybe even creating the itemlevel 476 stuff can be profitable but for those you need reputation to buy the recipes.

Comment

Working...
          X