Quest reward advisor messed up for shaman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quest reward advisor messed up for shaman

I got bored with Pandaria dailies so have started an enhancement shaman for something different to do along with the dailies. Unfortunately the quest reward advisor seems totally messed up with this char - I started noticing it in Wetlands but it hasn't got any better in Arathi Highlands. An example:

Wanted! Marez Cowl - it's suggesting Vest of Dark Rumors (leather intellect) over my heirloom Champion's Deathdealer breastplace (agility leather until level 40). The stats are all red apart from the intellect, which is useless for an enhancement shaman (especially now that intellect is capped). It's also not the most valuable reward (for vendoring).

The main problem seems to be that it's recommending intellect over agility, so I wondered if there was some confusion between shaman specs?

It shouldn't be recommending anything over the heirloom item. Are you sure the in game guide version is current?

According to the stats we use it should be ignoring Int completely (we consider it a bad stat) for Enhancement shammy.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, 4.0.5726. Another one:

Gan'dranda: it's recommending Stormfeather Boots over Merchant Marine Boots. That would be +25 Armor, -3 agility, +5 Intellect, -4 Stamina, +6 Crit.

Also, Prime Slime - recommending Blastbrew Hat over my heirloom helm. That's a decrease on all stats. Wand of Oomph is the best one for vendoring.

Comment

Can you try a fresh guide install to see if it fixes it for you.

1. Go to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
        2. Go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete any Zygor files in there
        3. Run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guide files

Comment

Hi Cabby,

done that - still making odd choices. The quest "It's Ours Now" is recommending an agility leather shoulder (which is correct, stat-wise) over my heirloom shoulder. The Blood Drinker Staff would be the correct choice as it's worth the most.

Just had a thought - I have a char with the same name on a different realm (but it's a warrior). That couldn't be confusing it, could it?

Comment

It shouldn't, especially if you deleted the SavedVariables files and haven't logged into that warrior yet. The guide wouldn't know about that warrior until you logged into that toon. And of course, no warrior would wear int leather.

Comment

I know this is a litle late to reply.

But I have been leveling a pander mistweaver healer, and the gear guide keeps asking me to change new gear that has agillity when everyone knows a healer needs intel. So maybe I am having the samer problem.

Comment

This is being looked into.

Comment

Just a bit more information - I've completely reinstalled WoW, so everything should be out-of-the-box. I have a level 15 prot warrior and the quest reward advisor has recommended Mankrik's Old Wedding Garments (cloth intellect) to replace my heirloom Burnished Breastplate of Might. The appropriate reward here would be Mankrik's Boar Slicer. This is for the quest Consumed by Hatred.

Comment

Working...
                  X