Rotation Guide? Add-on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotation Guide? Add-on?

Hi there!! Just reached lvl90 on my Pally (with none other then Zygor guide, love it BTW)!

I was able to find some good info via youtube and google about Prot pally rotation (and what to use and when) but I just want to know if you guys have suggestions or any guides that will help me support this.

Also, most of the guides tell me to pick up the talent point for Fist of Justice but they don't really explain why.... I'm assuming this id for additional interrupt?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Max ~

Yeah, the Fist of Justice is for the better interrupt. Instead of having one every 2 minutes that gives you one every 30 seconds.

For talent choices and rotation information I'd recommend checking out www.noxxic.com. They do good with what to pick, what rotations to use, and how to enchant/gem your gear. An in game addon to help with rotations would be Ovale Spell Priority and the Nerien's Ovale Scripts, both available on Curse.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

A couple of things on this, ALL DPS classes should periodically be updating and running simulationcraft (simulationcraft.org). It takes some work to learn and figure out how to use it so utilize the help section, probably about an initial 30 minute investment, now I can run it and have an updated rotation in about a minute or two.

In short, what this program does is, after you import your toon from the armory (using the browser built in to the program), you run a simulation, at which point, it will look at all your abilities and talents and determine the best rotation best on gear and talent choices (your gear can actually change the order of your rotation based on what stats your gear has). It also tells you which talents do the highest amount of dps.

I update simulationcraft and run it probably once a week and re-arrange my rotation accordingly. To give you an idea, based on the rotation it came up with, I improved my dps by 20% in LFR.

Get a good DoT timer. I use Ellipsis but there are plenty of them out there.

Another addon that is a must is Tell Me When. Again, this addon takes some getting used too but is critical to maximizing the use of your procs.

Keybinds - STOP CLICKING THAT MOUSE!! I cant tell you how many people are still clicking. As you work your rotation, start using your keyboard for abilities. Get comfortable using keybindings, clicking is bad.

Get your eyes OFF the autobars at the bottom of the screen!! This is why Tell Me When is critical for me. You should be looking at your toon and your surroundings, not the buttons at the bottom of the screen. In order to learn this, I had to disable the buttons on the screen and run LFR several dozen times. This forced me to use the keyboard.

When you start raiding, utilize WorldofLogs.com which will help show you whether you are maintaining DoTs, standing in the poo too long, etc. Highly recommended.

I might also recommend Mike Preach on Youtube, VERY useful information provided in his videos and he covers (eventually) all classes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mikepreachwow

Most importantly, practice. NOTHING can take the place of working your rotation on training dummies. Once you are comfortable, run Heroics and when you are ready, LFR. I frequently run LFR multiple times a week even though I get no loot out of it just to work mechanics and rotation. I want my toon to be an extension of my fingers. I dont want to think about which ability to use, I want that to come from experience.
      Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
      Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

In addition, forgot to mention:

www.noxxic.com

AND

www.icy-veins.com
        Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
        Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
        X