Neither Scryer nor Aldor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither Scryer nor Aldor

Just hit the Terrokar Forest guide. If I elect not to choose between Scryer and Aldor at this time -- which step in the guide should I skip to? Terrokar is one of the places I really detest. I plan on getting about half way through 65 then jump to Nagrand. I've got 4 toons at 85 and the only one that isn't neutral is my Draenei alchemist.

I'd say just jump to Nagrand now if you think you can handle it early. I'm not sure off hand which step is the one that picks the faction but it's when you first go into Shatt (right after you do the tour with the pink voidwalker). If you skip that step so you're not picking a side the guides should compensate and not show any steps related to those factions. If they're still trying to show steps related to the two factions then just skip them, there shouldn't be too many of them.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Does this apply to loremaster as well? I keep hitting walls, I am supposed to talk to faction and receive quest but they will not give them. I have chose no side.

Comment

I think not being aligned with one of those sides will affect the ability to get the Loremaster achievement for some of the Outlands zones. I'm not positive on that one.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You can't get the Nagrand loremaster complete without choosing a side. Requires 75 quests (I think my most recent toon is showing 66 completed again -- it's gone to 67 then 65 then 66 then 65 then 66 -- very strange). But between Nagrand leveling and loremaster guides, you end up hitting most of the Outland zones and Shadowmoon quests that feed back into Nagrand require you to have made a choice between the two sides in Shat. Just don't choose incorrectly -- depending on your race if you choose wrong you'll be KOS by both factions.

Comment

How do you know how to choose? I chose Aldor but how do I know it was the right choice? So far it seems to be. I'm a dwarf in Shadowmoon Valley right now and I've already turned in a bunch of stuff in Shattrath City from the quests in SmV. I've got a tome I picked up in Terrokar Forrest and I have no idea where to, or if I can, turn it in (okay, you caught me, haven't researched it yet, but I will).

Comment

I don't know if it still matters for any race whether you choose Aldor or Scryers.
              I think in the BC times it was possible to get stuck when choosing the wrong faction because Draenei started with an Aldor reputation bonus and Blood Elves with a Scryers bonus. And those two races did not reach neutral or friendly or whatever you need to move on with their quests in Shattrath.
              Apart from that it was more a choice of recipes or items you were able to purchase. I think Scryers were better for cloth wearing casters. But now, who needs those items anymore...

Comment

I've always chosen Aldor for Alliance chars and Scryers for Horde (because it just seemed right!). Aldor gets a couple more quests for a bit of extra XP but it's neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Thanks. I'll stick to Aldor for all as I work my alts through. I don't have any horde alts.

Comment

Working...
                  X