Reorganizing Loch Modan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reorganizing Loch Modan

I've run Loch Modan 3 times in the last week and I have suggestions for improving the flow.

Getting the #2 explorer's document as the first item after arriving in Thelsamar makes no sense. When I run the region, after handling the intitial trogg stuff, this is my best flow order for the initial sequences.

After collecting all the quests in Thelsamar, head up the path going south. The goal is Gorick Guzzledraught slain and you need to kill bears and spiders on the way.

Kill Gorick Guzzzledraught (watch for Morick Darkbrew as he runs the path to the cave).

Collect the first Explorer's League Document.

Check the cave for a treasure chest (IMPORTANT to check EVERY cave) as they spawn randomly.

Head down the path bearing left. Kill spiders and bears as you go on the way to the Mosshide Ears quest staying close to the base of the hills as you go so you end up at the southwest end of the mosshide area. From there, work north collecting mosshide ears, killing bear and spiders until the mosshide quota is met.

Head for the road killing spiders and bears. Drop over the hill into Thelsamar and turn in, in this order, Dark Iron Spy, the spiders (should be done by now), Explorer League Doc and mosshide ears. Empty your bags (this won't work if it's a newby toon without extra storage capacity - that quest line has to be a bit different as more trips to dump loot will have to be worked in).

Next head east and turn in Stormpike's orders and get Tiny Commander. Turn in Tiny Commander and get Kobold and Kobolder. Continue to kill bears as you go. Turn in Kobold and Kobolder and get Who's in Charge Here, Filthy Paws and A Nasty Exploit. Run those quests, turn them in and get Bearer of Knowledge.

If you haven't got all the bear rump for Thelsamar Blood Sausages, continue to kill bear on your way back to Thelsamar.

Turn in Foreman Sharpsneer's head, get Suddenly Murlocs. Turn in Blood Sausage and Suddenly Murlocs and get Smells Like a Plan and A Load of Croc. Get Buzz Off.

Follow the path north out of Thelsamar and drop down to the doc to pick up the 2nd Explorer's League Document. Kill Murlocs.

The rest of the Loch Modan series plays well. The first part, not so much.

Added this to our list to get looked at.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
    X