Fishing Dailies in Capital Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Dailies in Capital Cities

I was doing the fishing dailies in Stormwind, which works fine. Then I thought to myself that doing them in Ironforge and Darnassus would be better because I wasn't Exalted with them, so off I went.

Lo and behold, the Guide only has fishing daily quests for Stormwind. Not in Main Cities, not in the Dailies Guide, nowhere does there seem to be dailies for Ironforge and Darnassus. Am I missing something? Is my guide corrupted?

Guide version 4.0.7070
    A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

They're actually in the Achievements guides. Example would be the Let's Do Lunch: Darnassus achievement which requires you to do all of the cooking dailies in Darnassus. The fishing one would be Fish or Cut Bait: Darnassus.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ah, okay. Might I suggest then that it would be better to put them all together in one place, either by Achievements or Dailies?

Comment

Originally it was going to be only the SW dailies since you can only do 1 city per day. The only reason Darnassus and Ironforge were put in anywhere was because of the achievement which is why those 2 are in the Achievements section.

Comment

SW City Daily-Fishing for Worms

Alliance, SW City, Daily quest, Fishing: "Digging for Worms".

Zygor guide does not advance steps automatically (like it does after completing other quest steps).

I finished the quest requirements: (Carbonite shows it in chat screen) that I DID receive the Overgrown Earthworm and caught the required fish, but Zygor never captured that fact. And yes, I did apply the Earthworm to my fishing pole. But, I still caught the "Crystal Bass," which was the quest objective.
          digging-for-worms-quest-complete.jpg

After that, it should be pointing me back to Catherine Leland (quest giver) to turn it in. There's no Travel Guide arrow to do that. Instead, it points to digging for more worms!

got-crystal-bass.jpg
          Last edited by kreelor; September 19, 2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Ok, this one I think I see what's happening. We need to flag that earthworm line as one that can't be completed since it's in the same step as getting the bass. Will get this on our bug list to get fixed.

Comment

I suppose I'm the first person in history to ever attempt to do that quest?

Comment

You're the first person to report having a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  You're the first person to report having a problem with it.
                  Funny that, I just did that quest yesterday, and had the same issue that Kreelor is having.

Comment

Originally posted by myrroddin View Post
                    Funny that, I just did that quest yesterday, and had the same issue that Kreelor is having.
                    I don't doubt you had the same problem.

Cabby said in reply to my post: "You're the first person to report having a problem with it."
                    What he didn't mention was that the individual who wrote the code NEVER checked it, or had it double-checked by anyone else before releasing it. Had it been checked properly before release, neither you nor I would have encountered the obvious error(s) in it. Thus, we wouldn't have to report it. Others who encountered it may have been too busy, too lazy, or too frustrated in having to report something which should not have existed at all.

I'm tired of repeating the same kinds of issues, over and over. I'm especially angry at the pitiful other products I just purchased; so angry, I don't dare to even complain!

What good does it do or would it do? Hardly anything, even though somebody should "call them out" on their failures to provide. Zygor is looking mostly to make sales... I'm looking for company/product/programmer integrity (Quality Control), but it's diminishing daily, and is now nearly non-existent. Too many excuses; not enough diligence.

EDITED: I have to give Cabby a high recommendation for his diligence. At least, he reads, responds, and helps when he can. BUT... he isn't the one who is in charge of making decisions, code changes, etc., so most of the time, the only thing he can do is to "send this to the development team for consideration." That puts him in a tight spot, but I appreciate that HE'S ALWAYS HERE TO LISTEN.
                    Last edited by kreelor; September 22, 2013, 01:50 PM. Reason: Cabby's diligence

Comment

Way off topic, but I'll respond. As an AddOn author myself, there are times I can test code to the nth degree, release alpha builds and hope people download and give feedback, and fix what is reported. However, there are times when all that testing fails in real game play, and bugs nobody saw in alpha testing pop up. In fact, there are two related bugs in my most popular AddOn right now. The odd thing is neither reared their ugly heads on the PTR.

Which brings me to the next point. The Zygor devs must play on the PTR and on beta builds of expansions. The fact that new and updated guides come out within hours of a new content patch or expansion proves this to be true. There simply is no way for even a team of dedicated players to get through that much content on day one and build guides for it all.

But there is a catch to the PTR/beta testing: Blizzard has a history of undocumented and unannounced changes, whether to the client, the servers, or the programming API, they do that all the time.

So it is one thing for Zygor to update something like One Many Army on the 5.4 PTR, and quite another on live. Most of the time, Zygor has gotten lucky, and hasn't needed changing code. This is one of those times that Blizzard changed something and the testing was for naught.

While I certainly will not tell anyone else how to feel, but I for one am willing to cut Zygor a lot of slack. Their AddOn is vastly more complex than the majority of AddOns.
                      Last edited by myrroddin; September 23, 2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: grammar!

Comment

Myrroddin, I understand and I do agree with you on most of what you said.

Note: You said: "...release alpha builds and hope people download and give feedback."
                        Alpha builds are not supposed to be released to the public. Alpha versions are supposed to be done "in-house" by the developers. Then, when it's 'nearly-complete (major crash bugs aren't present),' it can then be released as a Beta version which users can opt to try and then report bugs. Neither of them is considered a "Release Version" -- which is what we are paying Zygor for. Granted, there will always be some minor bugs or issues which pop-up, but they should be minimal (in number) after the initial Alpha and Beta tests have been concluded properly.

But, I never ever said, intimated, nor expected the following: (I don't know where you got that?):

You wrote:
                        "...get through that much content on day one and build guides for it all."

Almost everything I've ever posted was related to issues which I found (developers never seem to find them?) which had been overlooked or ignored for a period of time, not immediately after some recent Blizzard patch.

I have many alt chars in a wide range of char-levels and professions, therefore I do quests which most people (who play only lvl 90's here lately) seldom, if ever, encounter as frequently as I do. If I find way too many issues on my own, it makes me wonder why they exist. I find new issues every day, although I stopped reporting them. I do not want to be a beta-tester, yet I used to try my best to help improve the addon/guides. I don't think it was ever appreciated. I just pissed people off, without ever meaning to. So, I stopped uploading the many errors. It's just too frustrating.

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't making myself clear. When I "release" alpha builds, I do do on Curseforge/WowAce, which are not propagated to Curse or WowInterface. The general public doesn't see those builds. If I tag a beta or release version, then they will show up on Curse and WowInterface. Consider Curseforge/WowAce as public alpha access. You are correct that I do internal alpha testing.

I never said or meant that were expecting Zygor devs to get through all that content. I was putting that out there as an observation, something to illustrate how much work an AddOn like Zygor entails. I did not intend to put words in your mouth, sorry about that!

Comment

Working...
                          X