Talent UI Error, I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent UI Error, I think

I am playing on my 47 druid and when I go to select a suggested Zygor talent i receive the below error:

Message: ...rface\AddOns\Blizzard_TalentUI\Blizzard_TalentU I.lua:710: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'id' (a nil value)
    Time: 09/14/13 16:56:57
    Count: 2
    Stack: [C]: ?
    ...rface\AddOns\Blizzard_TalentUI\Blizzard_TalentU I.lua:710: in function `PlayerTalentFrame_SelectTalent'
    ...rface\AddOns\Blizzard_TalentUI\Blizzard_TalentU I.lua:40: in function `OnAccept'
    Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:3823: in function `StaticPopup_OnClick'
    [string "*:OnClick"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals
    I ma not sure it is Zygor's guide causing the error but the Blizz UI is asking if I want to turn off the Zugor Addon in order to use a vision powder to remove a talent and then proceed to use the Zygor suggestion.

Any thoughts?

I am using version 4.0.7207
    Stav

This might be one of those odd taint errors with the addons. If that's the case it could be any addon causing it. I'll put this into our bug list to have the dev team look it over to see if there's anything in our end that might be causing this.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It may also be because Blizzard removed a talent and added a new one.
      I see the name of the old talent "Nature's Swiftness" in the Build_Data.lua file, it is replaced by "Ysera's Gift".
      Though no build uses "Nature's Swiftness" it still may cause an error.

I think Paladin and Warlock also have talents replaced / renamed so those should be checked too.
      Last edited by Cartman; September 14, 2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Impressive detail regarding your observation, I am playing a warlock and I am now seeing this error. Perhaps Cartman has it right even if he likes Cheesy poofs!

Message: Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:232: attempt to index field 'otherHealPrediction' (a nil value)
        Time: 09/17/13 20:06:20
        Count: 2
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:232: in function `UnitFrameHealPredictionBars_Update'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:563: in function `UnitFrameHealthBar_Update'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:158: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:148>
        [C]: in function `securecall'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:145: in function `UnitFrame_SetUnit'
        Interface\FrameXML\PlayerFrame.lua:380: in function `PlayerFrame_ToPlayerArt'
        Interface\FrameXML\PlayerFrame.lua:145: in function `OnEvent'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:679: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:677>

Locals:
        Message: Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:232: attempt to index field 'otherHealPrediction' (a nil value)
        Time: 09/17/13 20:15:17
        Count: 1
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:232: in function `UnitFrameHealPredictionBars_Update'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:563: in function `UnitFrameHealthBar_Update'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:158: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:148>
        [C]: in function `securecall'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:145: in function `UnitFrame_SetUnit'
        Interface\FrameXML\PlayerFrame.lua:381: in function `PlayerFrame_ToPlayerArt'
        Interface\FrameXML\PlayerFrame.lua:145: in function `OnEvent'
        Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:679: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:677>

Locals:

Comment

Can you provide detailed steps for causing that bug to manifest itself?

Comment

Working...
          X