Changing a Talent Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a Talent Error

When trying to change a talent out for one of my specs the game reported that Zygors attempted to preform a protected function and wanted me to disable it. I was unable to change the talent and need to log before I could disable Zygors to change out the talent. Here's the error as reported to bug grabber. Further investigation found that I can change out glyphs all I want with no errors and if I disable the talent advisor part of the guide than I can change talents again as well.

Thanks

Code:
    BugGrabberDB = {
    	["session"] = 32,
    	["lastSanitation"] = 3,
    	["errors"] = {
    		{
    			["message"] = "[ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn \"ZygorGuidesViewer\" tried to call the protected function \"RemoveTalent()\".",
    			["time"] = "2013/10/04 22:02:33",
    			["stack"] = "!BugGrabber-r193-release\\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\\BugGrabber.lua:587>\n<in C code>\nBlizzard_TalentUI\\Blizzard_TalentUI.lua:10: in function \"OnAccept\"\nFrameXML\\StaticPopup.lua:3823: in function \"StaticPopup_OnClick\"\n<string>:\"*:OnClick\":1: in function <string>:\"*:OnClick\":1",
    			["session"] = 31,
    			["counter"] = 2,
    		}, -- [1]
    		{
    			["message"] = "Blizzard_TalentUI\\Blizzard_TalentUI.lua:710: attempt to perform arithmetic on local \"id\" (a nil value)",
    			["time"] = "2013/10/04 22:02:54",
    			["locals"] = "self = StaticPopup1 {\n 0 = <userdata>\n hideOnEscape = 1\n itemFrame = StaticPopup1ItemFrame {}\n data = \"ZygorGuidesViewer\"\n button3 = StaticPopup1Button3 {}\n exclusive = 1\n extraFrame = StaticPopup1ExtraFrame {}\n numButtons = 2\n maxWidthSoFar = 320\n oborder = <unnamed> {}\n moneyFrame = StaticPopup1MoneyFrame {}\n moneyInputFrame = StaticPopup1MoneyInputFrame {}\n text = StaticPopup1Text {}\n editBox = StaticPopup1EditBox {}\n timeleft = 0\n icon = StaticPopup1AlertIcon {}\n iborder = <unnamed> {}\n button2 = StaticPopup1Button2 {}\n template = \"Transparent\"\n maxHeightSoFar = 97.000032424927\n button1 = StaticPopup1Button1 {}\n which = \"ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN\"\n}\ntalentGroup = 1\n",
    			["stack"] = "Blizzard_TalentUI\\Blizzard_TalentUI.lua:710: in function \"PlayerTalentFrame_SelectTalent\"\nBlizzard_TalentUI\\Blizzard_TalentUI.lua:40: in function \"OnAccept\"\nFrameXML\\StaticPopup.lua:3823: in function \"StaticPopup_OnClick\"\n<string>:\"*:OnClick\":1: in function <string>:\"*:OnClick\":1",
    			["session"] = 31,
    			["counter"] = 1,
    		}, -- [2]
    	},
    }
    Last edited by helidoc; October 5, 2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: Added more info

When you open the guide selection window in game (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) what does it display for the version number in the lower left corner?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Will have to look next time in game Cabby and will get that info for you when I do. If it helps I run the updater as a habit before I even run WoW as to always have the latest version something I've always done as a long time user of Zygors (May of 09)

Comment

Ok just went in game and checked without updating and the error happens in version 4.0.7301

Comment

Thanks for double checking the version. Doing a quick in game check helps to make sure that the guides are being updated properly.

Will get this on the list for the dev team to investigate.

Comment

Just wanted to update this error still happens with build 4.0.7413. I am out of combat, using http://www.wowhead.com/item=79249, on my level 90 Alliance Shadow Priest.

The rest is per the original post.
            A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

We'll check into this to see what's happening... I thought it was fixed.
              Last edited by cabby; October 28, 2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X