Zygor Titles/Achievements vs Blizzard's Titles/Achievements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Titles/Achievements vs Blizzard's Titles/Achievements

Before I start a new post containing at least 1/2-dozen issues I've found related to the Zygor Titles guide, I want to ask these two questions.

-- Does Zygor check against Blizzard's list of Titles/Achievements to determine whether or not I have already earned certain Titles/Achievements?

-- And, are Blizzard's Titles/Achievements single-character-based (requiring each character to achieve them again), or are they Account-Wide?

We do check to see if the Blizzard servers marks an achievement as being completed. This does not always produce the desired result because most achievements are account-wide but some people still like to try to do them multiple times with multiple toons. An example of this would be the exploration achievement that can be done on each toon but you only need to do it once because it's an account-wide achievement. I believe our system does not display achievement guides for ones that you've already completed, so if you've done exploration on one toon and want to do it on another you won't easily find the guide because the server says you've done it already.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks, Cabby. You replied only about Achievements and didn't mention Titles. What about them?

Comment

Titles are obtained via achievements so what I said covers both.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          We do check to see if the Blizzard servers marks an achievement as being completed. This does not always produce the desired result because most achievements are account-wide but some people still like to try to do them multiple times with multiple toons. An example of this would be the exploration achievement that can be done on each toon but you only need to do it once because it's an account-wide achievement. I believe our system does not display achievement guides for ones that you've already completed, so if you've done exploration on one toon and want to do it on another you won't easily find the guide because the server says you've done it already.
          Cabby, your statement does not reflect the reality that I see in Blizzard's Completed Achievements lists.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to get the Title "Salty" (for Fishing Achievement). I want that Achievement especially on one of my toons, but if they are account-wide, I expect to have it available on all toons, no matter which realm the alts are on. It's been a real pain in the butt, for many reasons.

I've attached two pictures.
          -- The first one shows char1 (which Blizzard shows it as having been completed).
          -- The second one shows char2 (on another realm) and Blizzard's Achievements shows that it has not been completed. That contradicts what you said.

The same mismatch is true for many Achievements! They are not considered account-wide, once completed by any toon.

Char1 (below)
          Old Man Barlowned-char1.jpg

Char2 (below)
          Old Man Barlowned-char2.jpg

Comment

You focused on the wrong sentence. As I said in the very next sentence most achievements are account-wide. Most does not mean all. And I'm sure Blizzard has thrown in some curve balls with server-wide vs. account-wide. But keep in mind this is all controlled by Blizzard so there's nothing we can do about that other than see if the server reports to us if an achievement is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              I believe our system does not display achievement guides for ones that you've already completed, so if you've done exploration on one toon and want to do it on another you won't easily find the guide because the server says you've done it already.
              It does show the exploration guides so they can be found and loaded. However, you need to make sure that "Skip Impossible Steps" is not enabled otherwise it will skip straight to the end of the guides. You also need to manually select the first waypoint of each zone to stop it skipping that zone, too.

Comment

Cabby,
                That whole account-wide / server-wide / single character completion stuff that Blizzard put in has made tracking some things difficult. Maybe someone can yank the line of code out you're using to check the "Salty" achievement out of the guide so Kreelor can run it from his chars to see what gets reported back by the server (I know I did something similar to determine which of those gluttons in Halfhill I still needed to feed each day).

Comment

UPDATE TO MY CURRENT STATUS

This is an update to my current status since I first posted.

1. I have completed the Limnologist Achievement.
                  The Limnologist Achievement Earned.jpg

2. Zygor has grouped both the Limnologist and the Oceanographer Achievements into the same place, but they are a little bit different from each other. I have completed everything possible in the Oceanographer. The one exception is that silly thing Blizzard threw in there to merely keep people paying them monthly fees until Summer rolls around again... months from now! It's now January. Catching the "Summer Bass" can only be done later on in the year. How stupid is that?
                  The Oceanographer.jpg

3. Suggestion to add some sort of info into this step for the Limnologist, to help in catching the "Nightfin Snapper."

It's very difficult to know what Blizzard calls "Nighttime." Is it my current (local) time, or is it the time reported on the server (such as the Brazil realm)? Also, even though it was pitch-black in my local time and well after dark in Brazil, the lake area in Kalimdor was lit so brightly, I couldn't even see the fishing schools. It was blinding to look at. It was bright as though it was daytime! How does Blizzard determine nighttime, especially between zones and other non-US realms? A helpful comment in the step would be very nice if it explained these issues adequately.

Also, maybe a reminder that it's impossible to catch the Nightfin Snapper inside Schools of fish. It has to be caught 'outside' the Schools. I finally figured that out accidentally after hours of fishing. Anyway, I finally caught that smelly fish.
                  [This screenshot was taken before I caught the fish].
                  The Limnologist-Nightfin Snapper.jpg

Comment

I've always caught plenty of Nightfin Snappers in the lake outside Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands when the sun's gone down.

Comment

Nightfin Snapper can be caught most times of the day but there is a higher chance to get it between midnight and 6am server time and can't be caught from noon to 6pm server time.

Added this to be looked at and fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X