Yellow Dots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Dots?

When i open the mining guide and it takes me to the zone it wants me to farm in, the guide says "track ore" and "look for yellow dots to mine".

How do I "track" ore and where are these yellow dots it speaks of? I don't ever see anything on the mini map that looks like a yellow dot, just the white dots that mark the path it wants me to follow.

Thanks

Use the magnifying glass icon on the mini map and there should be a box you can check to track ore/minerals (forget the exact name off the top of my head). Once that is checked when there is a mining node within range (about 60 yards roughly) there will be a yellow dot that shows up on the mini map and if you hover the mouse over the dot it will even tell you what type of ore node it is.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It will help also if you zoom-out completely on your minimap '+' / "-" to "see" yellow dots further away.

Comment

cabby/kreelor, thanks for the quick response

Comment

Just a stupid follow up question: do the yellow dots appear bc I have the Zygor guide? Or is that a built in feature of the WOW UI?

Comment

The tracking of minerals, herbs, and fish (the yellow dots) is part of the WoW game. Addons can make them blink.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X