Issue in Engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue in Engineering

I just tried using the guide to level Engineering, I am currently 281 in Eng prior to getting guide.

It tells me to go to SW and stand in front of the anvil and gain 19 points making Thorium Widgets. Only problem is I have no Thorium Bars. Shouldn't it let me know that I don't have the materials to make the item it wants me to make? I guess it's no big deal as I can figure out that I need to farm some Thorium and smelt it into bars. But since I'm lvl 477 in Mining I thought it would direct me to go farm the Thorium. Any suggestions?

Try resetting that guide by loading up at step 1 again. It sounds like it skipped over the AH step and that has the option to farm the ore.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Not sure if I'm doing something incorrect or not, could you give me very specific instruction s on what to do?

Here's what I did: I loaded up Engineering, clicked all the way back to step 1. Then loaded up another guide and then loaded Engineering back up. Step 1 tells me the intro and that I'm at lvl 281 so it recognizes that. Then I left click the skip button and it goes right to step 5 which is all in green since I did it. Then it goes right to step 6 which says re-directing to Engineering 280-350. Then it goes right to step 84, which is "learn master engineer skill" and "learn thorium tube" and thats all in green as well. Step 85 tells me to sell off anything i've made and i don't need to keep anything. I would think the next step would give me the farming direction but it just tells me to stand by the anvil and make 19 thorium tubes.

Interestingly, the next step (87) gives me the AH option and says I have sufficient mining skill to farm the items and has the routes for mining.

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely wrong in the guides. It shouldn't be like that but it is. I'll get this on our list to get fixed.

Comment

Step 55 in engineering says to learn Gold Power Core. Step 56 says to stand next to anvil and make 30 Gold Power Cores. My mining skill is 150, howeve I have no gold bars (mining gold at 115). There doesnt seem to be a step to either goto the AH to buy gold or to farm it yourself either. (no guide to mine gold either but that would only explain not being led to gather for oneself). Figured it was better to add here since the issue is similar.

Comment

While making 30 is a mistake (it should be 15) you were instructed to purchase those 15 gold bars from the AH back on step 41 and it's part of the farming steps (15 gold ore) that follow that if you chose to farm. Not sure how you came to miss this but the only real problem I can find in the guide is it telling you to make 30 instead of 15 of the gold power core.

Comment

Just got back onto the server after its rolling restart, found the step, and it wants m to mine Solid Stone, Mithril Ore, and Gold Ore in Felwood on step 47 (its been awhile since i played the toon, so i guess i had skipped th gathering step and just didnt go back far enough). Anyways, using Gathermate2 and looking at WoWhead, Gold Veins do not exist in Felwood. I went back to the step to mine Iron (step 45) takes me to Western Plaguelands which Gathermates2 shows many Iron and Gold Veins in the same spots. So the "bug/error" is there, just not what I originally thought. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

Comment

Felwood has the highest reported gold veins on WoWHead with Western Plaguelands coming in 2nd. You must not have looked at something right or you were thinking of Feralas at the time or something odd like that. And if Gathermate2 had no gold veins in Felwood then you should stop using it as it's then highly inaccurate.
                http://www.wowhead.com/object=1734

Comment

I discovere my blindness looking at Wowhead and why gathermates2 might not have gold listed if the comments are correct that Mithril has a better chance of spawnijng trusilver than gold. Im gonna stop now before I make myself even more a fool.

Comment

I just started leveling ENG and I get all the mats it says to get through farming. Yet often I am very short on mats. I am following the steps closely. What is going on!?

Comment

Have you been having any times where you didn't get a skill point for a combine? Did you start at skill 1 or were you already part way into the profession?

Comment

I started at skill level 1. I am sure there were times, I would do something else while crafting a lot of things. I am usually really short on mats however. I am even in a level 25 guild.

Comment

When you open the in game guide selection window (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) what does it display in the lower left for the version number?

Comment

4.0.8415 is the version number that I show.

Comment

We'll look it all over again. We've been working on trying to get all the professions guides updated on the numbers so maybe this is one that still is being worked on.

Comment

Working...
                              X