Mac Guide Updater Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Guide Updater Missing?

I see the sticky about a new beta but I'm trying to redownload the Mac client for the first time since the web site was updated. The download button just gives me the Windows EXE file. The only place Mac appears on that page is part of the word "Macros" and saying that "The client will work on both Windows and Mac based machines, however, you will need to make sure you have the latest version of Java installed." Am I missing another link somewhere?

We had some problems with our new Java based client (that will work on both Windows and Mac) and we had to replace it at the last minute during our ESO launch. We will have it fixed as soon as we can and get the download link changed to it. For now you can still do a manual installation on the Mac system.
    http://www.zygorguides.com/support/manual/macintosh.php
    Last edited by cabby; April 5, 2014, 08:01 AM.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I would like to weigh in here and say that I would not be entirely happy at using a Java-based client, due to the many numerous security issues that have arose from the use of Java.

I feel that a better way for Zygor to go, would be to create two separate clients. In Windows, use (for example) Microsoft Visual Studio and in Mac, Xcode. Yes, this would require the use of either a very dedicated singular team, or multiple teams, but it erases the potential security risk and I am happy to help on both sides, if needed.
      "There will always be a derelict building. Moments come and go - explore them while you can"

Comment

Working...
      X