Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimental Client for ESO

Hi there,

When clicking on the link for the ESO experimental client, it downloads a file called ZygorGuidesClient.ZIP instead of a ZygorGuidesClient.jar file that can be installed using Java. I have the Java file installed on my system but it still does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

http://zygorguides.com/javaclient/ZygorGuidesClient.jar

If that fails, its something at your end.

Comment

Yea, make sure you're not trying to open the jar file with winzip. Right click it and choose "Open With" Java Platform SE Binary.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

on a mac under 10.9.2 it works as it should with the NA client install

on a mac running 10.7.5 ZygorGuidesClient.jar with a modified date of Oct 24, 2013 3:22PM of 466KB is the file downloaded and the archive utility creates ZygorGuidesClient.jar.cpgz
        launching that results in the file ZygorGuidesClient.jar.1 and around with each file name incrementing by one each time we go

I am guessing that this is due to not having the right version of java on this machine so i reinstall and verify that i have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 51).
        But I do not seem to be able to get the client to run here on this mac running lion

Comment

You have the wrong .jar file on the 10.7.5. Redownload the jar file from the Members Area. It should have a creation date of yesterday.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I have now tried 7 times (loging out and back in before each try) and each time I get the october dated file of course the .cpgz version the the archive utility creates has todays dat and time but no way do I same to be able to get the file with the right date from you of course when I go to work tomorrow I can get the file that works off of the other machine … not sure what else to do or why this is happening

Comment

Alright, we will investigate this and see if we can find a solution. In the meantime you can use the manual installation found under the client link to get up and running.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Ulst View Post
                I have now tried 7 times (loging out and back in before each try) and each time I get the october dated file of course the .cpgz version the the archive utility creates has todays dat and time but no way do I same to be able to get the file with the right date from you of course when I go to work tomorrow I can get the file that works off of the other machine … not sure what else to do or why this is happening
                The file that is available to download from the members area IS dated as being created on Oct. 24, 2013. As for the issue with getting it to run, this is a problem some other user's are experiencing, and we are working to create a fix that will get you guys up and running with the client.

Comment

He's the only one to report a problem with getting it running on a Mac. All the other problems were in Windows.

Comment

yes and it ran just fine on a 2009 macbookpro running 10.9.2

the problem is on this old 2006 Mac Pro running 10.7.5 which is the latest OS that will run on it
                    here are the full specs on this mac which runs the game amazingly well considering its age much better than the mid 2009 mac book pro which does only have 8 gig of ram vas the 19 gig in the tower and it is dual processor which is not even supposed to run it
                    2006 version 1.1 mac Pro
                    Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
                    Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
                    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
                    Processor Speed: 3 GHz
                    Number of Processors: 2
                    Total Number of Cores: 4
                    L2 Cache (per Processor): 4 MB
                    Memory: 19 GB
                    Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
                    Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
                    SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

ATI Radeon HD 4870:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4870
                    Type: GPU
                    Bus: PCIe
                    Slot: Slot-1
                    PCIe Lane Width: x16
                    VRAM (Total): 512 MB
                    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
                    Device ID: 0x9440
                    Revision ID: 0x0000
                    ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176
                    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318
                    Displays:
                    LED Cinema Display:
                    Display Type: LCD
                    Resolution: 1920 x 1200
                    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
                    Display Serial Number: 2A92311M0K0
                    Main Display: Yes
                    Mirror: Off
                    Online: Yes
                    Rotation: Supported
                    Connection Type: DisplayPort
                    Cinema HD:
                    Display Type: LCD
                    Resolution: 1920 x 1200
                    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
                    Display Serial Number: 2A62420GUG0
                    Mirror: Off
                    Online: Yes
                    Rotation: Supported
                    System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
                    Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.2
                    Boot Volume: Wells
                    Boot Mode: Normal
                    Computer Name: MacPro
                    User Name: REDACTED
                    Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
                    64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
                    Time since boot: 6 days 9:40

Comment

The only thing that should prevent the client from running is not having java installed. What does the terminal print out when you execute "java -version", without the quotes?

Comment

It passes the java test button at the java site and reports that java Is up to date and running 7 update 51 but I will see what it says in the terminal when I get back home
                        Last edited by Ulst; April 6, 2014, 03:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          He's the only one to report a problem with getting it running on a Mac. All the other problems were in Windows.

I am using macbook pro Mavericks, 10.9.2 and it will not run on my machine, no matter how man times I download it.

Also to run "java -version" from terminal I get error message, "you need to install a Java Developer Kit"
                          Last edited by daviddegernier; April 7, 2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                            The only thing that should prevent the client from running is not having java installed. What does the terminal print out when you execute "java -version", without the quotes?
                            java version "1.6.0_65"
                            Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
                            Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

Comment

Maybe the problem is that you have an older version of Java installed. Current Java is 1.7.0_51.

Comment

Working...
                              X