Experimental Client for ESO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabby View Post
    Maybe the problem is that you have an older version of Java installed. Current Java is 1.7.0_51.
    As long as they have Java 6 installed, which is what most macs come with pre-installed, the client should run.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
      As long as they have Java 6 installed, which is what most macs come with pre-installed, the client should run.
      recall that some older machines such as this old mid 2006 mac pro can not run anything newer than 10.7.5 and the version of jave that the java site installs will limit the version offered to what the OS requesting it can use Now the java site test says Jave 7 r 51 but the terminal query returns
      java version "1.6.0_65"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
      Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

so is that java 1.6? and is the java website fibbin when it says 7 r 51?
      Last edited by Ulst; April 7, 2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

You have Java 6 on there. If you had Java 7 it would report 1.7.xxx
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Humm I wonder why the java web site said 7 r51 then...
          And in any case what do i need to do to get your ESO client to work?
          It's not a major problem I can keep using the manual install but if I can help you squash this let me know

Comment

I am running Java 7 but new experimental client installer will still not run on Mac OSX10.9.2.

Java.jpg

Comment

I have emailed the working copy of Zygor Guides Client.jar from this mac book pro mid 2009 running 10.9.2 to the mid 2006 Mac Pro running 10.7.5 to see if that will work I will report when I get to the office tomorrow if it works

Comment

Originally posted by daviddegernier View Post
                I am running Java 7 but new experimental client installer will still not run on Mac OSX10.9.2.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1362[/ATTACH]
                that is exactly what i see on the java web after i install

yet the terminal says
                java version "1.6.0_65"
                Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
                Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

Comment

There are different types of Java. Furthermore, 1.6 is outdated.

The easiest thing you can do is uninstalling everything, that has to do with Java and get JDK from here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-2133151.html

You could also install JRE instead, but i prefer JDK for several reasons.

However - When done, it should have installed Java 8 (8.0.0+). You should now be able to run the ZygorGuidesClient.jar with Java. If it still tries to open the file with your unpacker, remove the unpacker as default program for this extension.

To configure your default programs in Windows Vista and Windows 7, you can click on the Start button and type Set default programs. When the Set your default programs search result appears, please click on it. In Windows 8, type Set default programs from the Start Screen and then click on the Settings category. Then click on the Set your default programs search result. You should now see the Set Default Programs control panel screen.

In the list, find your unpacker (e.g. Winrar) and click "Choose defaults for this program". It should display a list of all extensions assigned, including .jar

Untick the checkbox next to .jar and click "Save".

Now, when trying to open the jar file, it should ask you, which program to use. Select "Java(TM) Platform SE binary".

If that still doesn't work, try this tiny tool: http://defaultprogramseditor.com/

Comment

Vincento, Ulst is working with Mac computers so all of the information that you gave (while appreciated) doesn't really apply to him.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sure, it does. He just has to remove the whole Java installation and install the latest one. The installation process should fix it.

Furthermore, that "tutorial" was meant for everyone, who's experiencing these problems.

Btw.... The online test may report the browser version of Java, not the system version.
                      Last edited by vincento; April 8, 2014, 06:35 AM.

Comment

THanks for your help Vincent I am sure you are right but even after getting and installing JDK from your link it does not work
                        though the terminal does sow that it has been installed
                        java version "1.8.0"
                        Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
                        Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)
                        perhaps because I could not remove old java stuff a search of my computer returns over 5,200 91 of them .jar files when doing a spotlight on the keyword java. so it would be a huge task as I do not know what of those files might be needed…

the problem I am sure is linked to the fact that on the mac book Pro if i look at the file that the zygor jar file is using to open is one of 2 have java runtime options the newest rev number is the default while on this old mac pro only the archive utility is an option which gives the circular problem and I can not find a runtime java application anywhere
                        so in this case it seems that I can not access the java runtime part of Java on this machine though I can run java via the browser I can not from the desktop

As long as Zygor keeps supporting manual DL of the ESO files I am OK but it is a pain not knowing how to safely clear over 500 files of java junk off of this machine

Comment

Maybe this helps?

https://www.java.com/en/download/hel...stall_java.xml

Alternatively:

http://superuser.com/a/712783

Comment

Mines works fine now on Mac, 10.9.2 now that I have installed Java Developers Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by vincento View Post
                              Well I did those but I still can not launch a jar file and further reading of the Oracle for OSX 7.x site
                              https://www.java.com/en/download/hel...ava_update.xml
                              says to use the java control panel in system preferences but there is none

I guess this is gong to require a lot more study …
                              I bet I need to do a total clean out of every thing linked to java
                              the only thing I need java for is this zygor thing so for now I will manual install it each day

thanks again for trying to help

Comment

Working...
                              X