No announcement yet.

Error after patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is, that Zygor relies on the API function GetDisplayName(), which returns an empty string. However, that shouldn't be. So, the error isn't the addon, it's their API.

To get around this problem, open AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua and find

Code:
    if GetDisplayName()==""
    Between the "", just insert something (e.g. your character name).

Save the file and restart ESO.

Note: This might reset the addons history. So, be careful or wait for an official fix.

EDIT:

To continue in your current progress, there's also a small workaround. First, create a backup of the file SavedVariables\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua. Close ESO.

Then. open the file SavedVariables\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua with a text editor (notepad) and find your account name (~ line 17). Remove it (including the @ prefix). So, it must look like this:

Code:
    [""] =
    As soon, as this problem has been fixed, open that file again, and redo that action, so that it looks like this:

Code:
    ["@Accountname"] =
    After changing the file, start ESO, log in and enjoy.
    Last edited by vincento; April 7, 2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

thanks vincento that worked.

Comment

FYI, everyone in-game is talking about some problems: the Guilds and Friendlist are gone. Maybe it is impacting the DisplayName or so..

EDIT at 10:50pm (Paris Time): Guilds, Friendlist and guide are back IG!! It was linked!!
        Last edited by ephiria; April 7, 2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Both my girlfriend and I are having the same issue, good luck with the fix.

I've found after switching Chars I no longer have a problem, not sure if this helps, good luck
          Last edited by ethuni; April 7, 2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

New version works for me. Ty, Zygor.

Comment

Working...
            X