Thoughts after using the guide (AD) for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts after using the guide (AD) for a while

you have said that the sky shards and treasure map locations were things that might be added once you have the 1 to 50 guides polished I have a couple of other items:

I know you are limited by what the ESO links let you do and hence no auto sync like in wow but you have to come up with something! most of the time when I update the guide I am back at the first step in the guide for that zone and have to try to recall where I was and click the guide back in sync with sometimes several updates a day that is a lot of clicking.

Right now I am making a pen and paper note with toon name and zone and guide step number which helps but a take me to step #x feature would at least help with the problem right now I have 4 toons between level 6 and 8 doing auderon and it is easy to forget who is doing what with the guide… for me This is an area that needs attention second only to the need to finish the polish

on the free samples you provide when only one alliance's guide is bought consider providing the guide to Betnikh along with the the one for Stros M;Kai for the Dagerfall covenant… this covers the same starting experience to level 7 as you for for the AD and hence would have a better chance to hook some one into buying the full guide

Perhaps others would like to add to this post the things the y would like>
    Cheers
    Ulst

I know that the skyshard stuff is one of the first things to be looked at once the guides are polished but I can't guarantee that there will be a guide made. Haven't heard anything about the treasure map locations.

The team are already looking at possible ways to do syncing in the guides and will come up with something and get it implemented. The guides resetting with the updates is not intended and there is work being done right now to get that fixed.

And the free trial guides do have the first starting island for all 3 factions. So trial is 1-7 for them all.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I expect this is fixed already but just in car their error was seen using the DC free sample guide at 10:30 AM EDT on the 9th right after getting yesterdays update I expect that this is due to the resample not being updated as frequently as the full versions as well as not including the rest of the DC starting elements as mentioned above
      ZYGOR Guides: ooError! Cannot jump from step 88203 to guide '88LEVELING\Betnikh (7-8) please report this providing a generated bug report'
      Zygor Guides: Meanwhile try to navigate to the next step manually by holding ooCTRL+ALT and skipping the step
      (also the quests that seemed to require getting the imitate and persuade skills to avoid spending about 50 in gold right after starting the gam seem to have been removed.. so you may was to rethink the advice to save 2 skill points as you depart the prison

Comment

That's an error for it not being able to find the 7-8 guide after the free trial. Guessing that there's a line in the free trial guides that needs to be removed so it's not looking for the next guide.

Comment

the same is seen at the end of bleak rock when you get to Bal foyer
          only it says that 88LEVELING\Stonefalls (6-16) and 88Bleakrock Isle and you get rapid clicking as the error repeats till you turn off the guide
          how do I generate the asked for bug report?

Comment

Looking into this one. Right now we don't have the bug reporting stuff added into the guide viewer. Just posting up the bug or sending it in via email is good enough and we'll get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              Looking into this one. Right now we don't have the bug reporting stuff added into the guide viewer. Just posting up the bug or sending it in via email is good enough and we'll get it fixed.
              Is there a way of copying the text of the error report? Other that taking a screenshot picture of it I mean. Would make it quicker to report than my hunt and peck typing to report here if I could copy and paste from the error in game.

Comment

I don't think the game has any copy/paste ability built into it and those are game windows (chat and LUA error windows).

Comment

Thanks cabby I wonder if an add-on could be made to provide that functionality

Comment

It might be possible. I know there are addons for WoW that add that capability. Would depend on what API functions are being made available to the ESO addons.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      It might be possible. I know there are addons for WoW that add that capability. Would depend on what API functions are being made available to the ESO addons.
                      Thanks I will try the addon section forums of esohead and see if anyone is working on it

Comment

Hi

I see at the end of your post you mentioned that the 2 skill points are no longer needed as they are for the early levels of the game?

I am level 9 and just started using the program. In a difficult effort to figure out how to get it in sync with where I was currently questing I skipped through tons of items.

It did tell me to save the two skill points so I spent them as it recommended. Was that not a wise move? are those two skills useless for the future since i think i may have not been able to do the quests anyway if they were removed?

Comment

Those skills are still useful, it's just that there had been quests in the game that you would get to shortly after learning those skills in the guide that made use of the skills. Since those quests aren't in the game anymore it's not as big of a priority to get them that early, but having them will still be helpful here and there with the different quests.

Comment

Thanks Cabby that makes me feel better about the decision.

The tool was frustrating to use at first and to get it in sync with where I was in the game.

I blame half of that on the glitchy nature of ESO and a quarter of it on not knowing how to use the tool. The last quarter I say goes to the tool still being worked on.

All in all things are improving and I am getting use to it. I enjoy the forum as well so keep up the good work. I am a happy customer.

Comment

Working...
                            X