Problems with Ebonheart guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 1 View Post
    That quest seems to be missing from our data. Issue reported to the content team.
    Hes not talking about just that quest. He is having that problem on every step since starting the 24-30 guide. Zygor is giving instructions to get quests but not acknowledging that the quest was picked up or that any quest adjectives are being completed therefor the user has to manually step forward.

Originally posted by mlesnews View Post
    Hello;
    First time user of the ESO game guide here. One thing I am noticing at L20'ish on my Pact characters is that when the guide scans for quests it seems like all of the quests id numbers are off by a number like Zenimax changed the quest id numbers. For example, quest XYZ's quest id is 12345, and Zygor's guide is expecting 12344. It must be like a dozen or so as it spams my chat every time it tries to scan my completed quests. I'm sure that Zygor devs are already aware of this and it just needs to be updated but I thought I'd mention it. Thanks for all your hard work, I really enjoyed the WoW guides back when I used to play.
    Maybe this guy is on to something. Sounds like a plausible reason why zygor is no longer recognizing step completions.

Comment

I have same issue..it started 2 days ago..probably after the patch.

It keeps giving errors like it expects some ID no. and then adds one to it.. also get a lot of cant determine status of quest errors in chat and you have to manualy skip forward after each step...(because manually works i just keep doing that..the guide furher is fine but it doesnt autoupdate)

Comment

Try writing down what step you're on and then go to your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor file in there. Then go into the live/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder in there. Then run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guide files.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This did not work for me. I am suffering from the same problem...

Zygor guide is not auto-detecting progress and advancing the guide. Making following the guide troublesome.

Comment

Originally posted by davidcrmly View Post
            This did not work for me. I am suffering from the same problem...

Zygor guide is not auto-detecting progress and advancing the guide. Making following the guide troublesome.
            for me it did work david. I did

-remove everything like Cabby said
            - installed zygor again. latest version
            - loaded zygor
            - reinstalled my addons
            - loaded them after zygor ingame (with reloadui)
            - the step which was grey now was red. and its autoadvancing again.

so somehow, somewhere something was not right but no idea what it was..sorry..but it works now

Comment

It worked for like 5 steps again and then stopped. I was on step 125. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

No my ESO client is the english client.

Comment

exact same issue, First time using it, wont advance. ver 8939. Ebonheart Step 1 Deeshan no other add ons installed

Comment

Got it working. for some reason I had to go back to step 1 of bleakrock and "Click to proceed" then everything started auto advancing again

Comment

I've had to disable the Zygor addon. I guess I'll just have to wait until they get it out of beta. The main problem I'm seeing is that quest id's do not have the correct number (being one number off), and therefore the guide cannot find the current quest you are on.

Comment

If you're seeing a message about the quest number being 1 off that means you have a quest in your log that is not in the guides. Try backing up some and then abandon all the quests in your log and go grab stuff again following the guides.

Comment

Zygor Guide Quest Viewer Addon errors for Ebonheart Pact - Troubleshooting Steps

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          If you're seeing a message about the quest number being 1 off that means you have a quest in your log that is not in the guides. Try backing up some and then abandon all the quests in your log and go grab stuff again following the guides.
                          Thanks for replying cabby! I'll try abandoning all my quests and staring the Guilds Quest Viewer over. At this point I've tried everything else suggested:
                          1. Uninstall / Remove Zygor addon from ESO addon folder
                          2. Delete / Move ZygorGuidesViewer.lua it somewhere else.
                          3. Reinstall Zygor ESO Guildes addon.
                          4. Also I might look into disabling other non-Zygor addons (too many anchors warning?!)
                          5. I have tried hitting back [<-] so the auto quest finder would pick up as this used to work in the WoW version but I did not have any success.

Comment

It won't work nicely like the WoW version for finding quest spots. This is because ESO does not provide your quest history to the addons and this is what we use in WoW to know what quests you are missing.

Comment

Starting the zone with an empty quest log has helped, as well as starting out with a fresh install/lua file. As the quest finder/viewer is in beta your milage will vary with its helpfulness on quests or it even being able to find them.

Is there anything we can do to assist with the mapping of quests to help improve the guide? I know Zygor staffers are a finite resource.

Comment

Working...
                              X