Guide not auto advancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide not auto advancing

I'm having problems with the guide not auto-advancing after I finish an objective. I have to manually click the right arrow to advance the guide to the next step.

I used to have this problem just once in a while. And that wasn't a problem, but now it is happening almost every step. Any ideas?

I'm currently doing the Aldmeri Dominion. It started happening when I got to Malabal Tor.

I've noticed that the times that it does advance, the quest objective text is in red. When the quest does not auto-advance, the quest objective text is usually grey.

Comment

Did you make sure you're running the latest version of the guides?
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I am having the same problem, it started after the last update to the guide, I am in the shadowfen guide, quests have been grey and won't auto advance for me, the client says I am fully updated.

Comment

Please give us a screen shot of the guide viewer not advancing and the quest journal (J) open.

Comment

Here is a screenshot, I just finished this step of the guide and it is grey and you can see the error the guide gave me as well. I just updated the guide right before i started playing about 10 mins ago.Screenshot_20140417_150850.jpg
            Last edited by cmjk1976; April 17, 2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I had same issue..but i upgraded to 8939 just now and issue is gone...

Also had to turnoff all addons for a moment..load zygor guides..and then turn on other addons..after zygor guides ...

for now everything works perfectly again..thx

ver 8939. alderi dominion. lvl 35. step 376 im at..

Comment

I frequently find it is not advancing automatically. I just hit the advance button and move on. I don't consider it a major issue. I love the product.

Comment

I'm currently running through Shadowfen using version 8939 and having same issue with the guide not auto advancing. I also turned off any other addon to avoid a conflict but still wont autoadvance.

Comment

Did you try using the wrench icon on the Updater to reinstall the guides for a fresh copy of the files?

Comment

Since i moved to Malabal Tor Zygor stopped auto advancing.
                      I started playing this char from scratch on 14.4.2014 with Zygor 8877
                      after i got this error i updated to 8964 which is the latest i can find here to download.

the error persists. basically at every "node" i get the error in the chat and need to click manually to get it advancing.
                      see below. Yes there are other add-ons running, but i had them running all the time and changed nothing. the error started after moving to the new leveling zone of "Malabal Tor", not with a change regarding add-on´s or something else.

error.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by nirax; April 18, 2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

8968 : no change.

Comment

Try doing the following.

1. Exit the game (remember what step # you are on)
                          2. Delete everything in your live/Addons folder (we'll get it all re-installed)
                          3. Delete everything in your live/SavedVariables folder (these are just settings and will be re-created once you're back in game with the addons again)
                          4. Install a fresh copy of just the guide files for now
                          5. Go in game and go back to the step you were on (hopefully at this point it's working ok)
                          6. Exit the game and re-install fresh copies of your other addons one by one, going in game after each one to test to see if guides are acting up and everything is going ok.

While the other addons may be running just fine most of them have not really been updated since the early access began on the 30th and the game has had 4 updates since then. This means there is the potential for some conflict even tho they seem to be working just fine.

Comment

No addons, deleted all savedVariables, still same issues. I'm having to manually push each part forward. Sometimes the follow path portions work. This started with a patch, like others have mentioned.

Comment

Hi cabby,

thanks for your swift reply and information. While i didnt started yet dabbing around with the ESO api, having made a few popular mods for skyrim some time ago, i thought i take a confident dirty shortcut first while following the general idea of your suggestion in your reply.
                              iE: removing ZygorGuidesViewer.lua from the folder (eu for my case) liveeu/SavedVariables did the trick for me.

Zygor works again like a charm. Of course the initial derail could have been caused as you said by some add-on conflict.

Thanks again for the help and keep up the great work.

cheers from Germany.

Comment

Working...
                              X