No announcement yet.

Guide not auto advancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you using the latest version of the guides donaldroberts?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, I am. I have noticed that the Zygor client is much more responsive, and is succeeding a lot more often, but still having to manually push 1/2 of the steps.

Comment

Try doing like nirax and remember what step you're on then go into your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor file in there.

Comment

I tried following all the steps suggested and it still isn't working for me. I don't have any other addons installed and reinstalled the guide. Still won't auto advance. And just like everyone else this problem didn't start happening until I got to malabal tor. The guide hasn't worked right for most of the area. I don't mind having to manually advance the guide, it just gets annoying to constantly get the "guide has failed" message in the chat.

Comment

I have already done this twice. No difference. I have also deleted *ALL* addons, as stated previously.

Comment

aicss, that is a good point, it started happening on the first quest in Malabar tor.

Comment

Ok, I'll see if the team has a toon in that area to try to go thru again and attempt to reproduce this.

Comment

Cabby,

I believe Zygor addon might be a bit bugged in Malabal Tor starting quests.
                  I have had trouble the entire time, and all of a sudden I hit the quest: "Arithiel" and it has been flawless ever since.

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  Ok, I'll see if the team has a toon in that area to try to go thru again and attempt to reproduce this.

Comment

I am having this same problem. Just bought the guide today and have not been able to use it. I have gone through all of the steps above to no avail.Screenshot_20140419_223401.jpg

Screenshot_20140419_223401.jpg
                    Screenshot attached

Thanks.

Comment

Just wanted to come back and say the guide is working perfect for me again. Around step 330 in the malabal tor guide my guide finally started working again. I didn't do anything to it either. I am on step 400 now and it is still working fine. So maybe the guide is just bugged up to a certain point.

Comment

remark:
                        it was also around step 330 when i deleted the profile and got the resolution. it would be a funny yet not impossible coincidenceif if aicss´s remark s correct and not the deletion of the profile, but the exact next step in my gameplay actually brought the resolution.

Comment

Malabol Tor fixed itself for me also around 330. It was also the time that I updated to the latest version, so I am not sure if it was because I updated or if it was just because the middle part of Malabol Tor is just bugged.

I completely skipped the Reaper's March zone after hearing about all the bugged quests and just grinded my way to lvl 45. However, I'm having the same problem of the quests not auto-advancing in Coldharbour. It is starting from the very first steps. Quest objective is grey and does not auto-advance. Some of the map locations also seem to be off.

Comment

its says the guide is polished up to lvl 40.. so in reaper march it probably isnt.

However about the grey steps in malabol Tor. There was a very big junk of quest I think about 200 steps in th beginning that was grey after hrey and manually going forward.

I dont know if the upgrade of the guide or me passing also around step 330 that it start working again. For me it was after a full reinstall of all files including my addons that it start working.

however im in reapers march now and now i have again it doesnt work..then it works..then it doesnt work..the auto advancing. so i turn the guide off.. im lvl 40.. probably hit the polished part border

Comment

Do any of you remember was there a quest turn in at that step 330 area? If so do you remember what the name of the quest was? I'm thinking we have you pick up a quest near the beginning of the zone and turn it in at 330 but the quest isn't in our data so the guide viewer doesn't know about it. Would explain why it's throwing that error the whole time.

Comment

you may want to check Reapers March as well.
                                half the time its not advancing since ~step 170 (im at 202 now). discussion triggers get mostly recognized (not always) but path nodes, entering buildings etc mostly not.. but it depends.. its around 50:50.
                                //edit: since step 215 again everything works OK again for the moment.
                                //edit2: im at step 250 now and it continues working ok. seems the zone issue was between ~170 and ~215
                                //edit3: ~step 349 missing steps agin, warning message in chat "guide can not determine the current stage"
                                //Edit4 Quest step "kill dark mane" lacks resolution you need to select one of the two companions to remain there and contain the darkness as well as turning the quest in (same room)
                                //edit5: ~step 360 quest progress OK again and auto advancing.
                                //edit6: step 424 talk to tand (done) not recognized. step 426 (step done) not reconized first time
                                (killed them again, second time it was recognized)
                                step 432: auto advance path node 0 meters. you have to stand exactly on the spot. range 0.
                                434,435 442 same
                                438,439 441 443 444 445 etc not auto advancing (will write when it advances again actually)

/edit7 was at 469 when i got completely sidetracked so cant update anymore. following normal ingame quest route for now. at 469 location pointers and triggers were still not triggering.

/edit 8 updated to v8981 with new profile (was using 8968 before) taking up at step 472 again.
                                progressing works again but you still have to stand on the actual 0 point of a path node to trigger

step 476 479 481 etc not triggering (will say when they trigger again)
                                484 485 OK triggered
                                you get the picture, its mixed. i´ll post when 100% fail or 100% ok again

note step 491-494 has a text "FIX ME" below the "mash the lab table" instruction.

614-616 "fix me" as above
                                Last edited by nirax; April 21, 2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X